This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning Web Pages to DVD?

I have prepared Web Pages and Gedcom of my family file and have their icons on my desktop. Using MacBook Air 10.8.5 and Reunion 9.0c and have connected to it a USB SuperDrive DVD reader/player or whatever.
    When I click on either my Web Pages or Gedcom and then slide it to the icon of a blank DVD the resulting icon on the (unburned) DVD has the little black arrow at the bottom left corner which to me means that it is an alias not a copy.
    Doesn't this mean that the burned DVD would not be readable unless it is on my own MacBook and by nobody else?
    What am I doing wrong?
    Sheila

Re: Burning Web Pages to DVD?

Originally posted by Sheila Kronenberger View Post
    I have prepared Web Pages and Gedcom of my family file and have their icons on my desktop. Using MacBook Air 10.8.5 and Reunion 9.0c and have connected to it a USB SuperDrive DVD reader/player or whatever.
    When I click on either my Web Pages or Gedcom and then slide it to the icon of a blank DVD the resulting icon on the (unburned) DVD has the little black arrow at the bottom left corner which to me means that it is an alias not a copy.
    Doesn't this mean that the burned DVD would not be readable unless it is on my own MacBook and by nobody else?
    What am I doing wrong?
    Sheila
    You are doing nothing wrong. The Finder is making aliases to the files in the window of the DVD. However, the arrows do go away after the DVD has been burned.

More details can be found here...

I hope you find this information helpful:-)
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Burning Web Pages to DVD?

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      You are doing nothing wrong. The Finder is making aliases to the files in the window of the DVD. However, the arrows do go away after the DVD has been burned.

More details can be found here...

I hope you find this information helpful:-)
      Thank you! It worked beautifully!!!!!
      Sheila

Comment

Working...
      X