This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book combining Scrivener for writing & Reunion data

Has someone found a way of using Scrivener for writing and including Reunion trees, data?
    or creating a book on Reunion and integrating Scrivener. I have 50,000 words on Scrivener.
    People at Scrivener said that Reunion data would not integrate into a Scrivener document.

Judy
    Judy Archer
    Searching ARCHER, AMBLER, DURHAM, MACGREGOR, MADSEN, PIERCE, PRINCE

Re: Book combining Scrivener for writing & Reunion data

I don't know about trees, but you could export reports and charts with no problem, along with media files.

Comment

and you have actually integrated them into your Scrivener documents? I ask because when I tried that that did not work.
      Judy Archer
      Searching ARCHER, AMBLER, DURHAM, MACGREGOR, MADSEN, PIERCE, PRINCE

Comment

Yes. For example, create a person worksheet, open it with Word or Pages, and save it as a .pdf.

Then just drag the file onto your Scrivener note.

Comment

Also see this blog post:

Comment

Tinksquared, THANK YOU so much for the link to using Scrivener for creating a book. I purchased Scrivener more than a year ago for the express purpose of using it for writing my ancestry narratives, but have never actually done much with it. This post is a tremendous help and very motivating to get me started.

I can't even consider using Reunion's book export feature, because it only exports to PDF, and I can't imagine just pushing a button to combine many pieces of complex data and then not be able to edit it, move things around, add a new photos, etc.

Thanks again,
            Susan

Comment

I intend to use Scrivener for publishing my research as well. There is a group on Facebook for Scrivener For Genealogist:

Comment

Thanks for posting the link to the Facebook page. I've used Scrivener for fiction writing for several years now and love it. Gwen Hernandez offers several courses online (I've taken two and got a lot out of both of them). More info is on her website: http://gwenhernandez.com/scrivener-c...nline-classes/

Comment

I looked back at the Reunion book product, and it seems to indicate you can insert a photo after it's been produced, but that's still not enough for me if I can't tweak the text.

What I really want to do is lay it out so I can use sidebars to include historical context for the time, such as what was happening in the U.S. and the world at the time any given ancestor lived, or what was invented during that time, famous people who lived then, etc. This would make the book much more interesting. I pick up U.S. and world history chronologies at thrift stores for this purpose.

Don't know if this vision is compatible with Scrivener, but I'm sure I'll find out. I'll porbably have to insert the sidebars after it goes back into Worl.

Susan

Comment

Working...
                  X