This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing between two computers

I just downloaded Reunion 11 on my old computer and downloaded the new version onto my new computer it. I finally have the version ready to receive my tree but I have not figured out how to transfer over the data from my old computer. But I do have a question.

Is it possible to work only on one computer(the old computer) and have the new data reflected in both the old tree and the one on my new computer OR do I have to manually enter the data into the Reunion program on the new computer?

Any insight to this issue is most welcome.

Thank you in advance,
    Gracious

Re: Sharing between two computers

Originally posted by Gracious Street View Post
    I just downloaded Reunion 11 on my old computer and downloaded the new version onto my new computer it. I finally have the version ready to receive my tree but I have not figured out how to transfer over the data from my old computer. But I do have a question.

Is it possible to work only on one computer(the old computer) and have the new data reflected in both the old tree and the one on my new computer OR do I have to manually enter the data into the Reunion program on the new computer?

Any insight to this issue is most welcome.

Thank you in advance,
    Gracious
    Two main methods to choose from:

1. You can use an external Hard Disk or USB Stick to copy (synchronise) your Reunion files and media between the two computers. It's probably best to use synchronisation software to keep track of changes, but it is possible to copy the necessary folders/files manually; or

2. Use a 'Cloud' service such as DropBox, iCloud etc. which can automate synchronisation between the two computers, providing each one is connected to the internet when you are using Reunion.

Whichever option you choose you do need to be disciplined about making sure your files are synchronised before doing any editing, or you can end up with conflicting databases.

Mervyn

Comment

Re: Sharing between two computers

Originally posted by Gracious Street View Post
      ...Is it possible to work only on one computer (the old computer) and have the new data reflected in both the old tree and the one on my new computer...
      Dropbox would work in your situation. This is explained in the Reunion 11 manual. For details, click a ? button and search for: dropbox mac

The section in the manual is called "Using Dropbox to Share Your Family File with Other Macs."
      Frank Leister
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
      X