Highlighting Direct Ancestor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highlighting Direct Ancestor

Is it possible to highlight two ancestor lines?

I remember checking a box (which I now cannot find) which made bold the names of my direct ancestor lines, which is great, but I was wondering if this is possible for my husband's direct ancestors in the same file?

Can someone please remind me where to find this check box, and whether I can do this for my husband's lines?

Many thanks
    Elizabeth

Re: Highlighting Direct Ancestor

Hi Elizabeth,

The feature you're looking for is "Direct Lines Bold", which can be found under Change in the Navbar at left.

To make more than one line bold, simply make sure to select "Don't change any bold children" for Step 1 when making the second line bold.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Re: Highlighting Direct Ancestor

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      Hi Elizabeth,

The feature you're looking for is "Direct Lines Bold", which can be found under Change in the Navbar at left.

To make more than one line bold, simply make sure to select "Don't change any bold children" for Step 1 when making the second line bold.

HTH
      Many thanks Mark .. I would have searched forever to find that box, so thank you for reminding me about 'Change'.

I couldn't quite work out what to do to get two lines bold, but then realised if I was at one of my children then both my ancestors and her father's ancestors will be bold, which is what I wanted. I should have come up with that earlier

Many thanks again and best wishes for the New Year.

Comment

Working...
      X