Printing Large Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing Large Reports

I have shared a copy of my reunion files via dropbox to my Mom's ipad. While she likes to click around and look now and then - she really is more of a paper person, and would really like a report that would so her everything. I've run multiple register reports with her as the source so the relations are noted right, and a few other reports I thought you she might enjoy.

I'm looking for a way to get these printed that won't require a lottery win to pay for it! I uploaded to FedEx Kinko's and it was over $600 for nearly 1,000 pages double sided. Office Depot couldn't upload a majority of the reports due to size. Staples wasn't much cheaper.

There is some color as I included preferred photos. Seems like either in a binder or spiral bound would be best (with dividers). I'm guessing I'm asking for the moon here, but thought I'd check and see if anyone has used a service for this... and didn't need to take out a new mortgage LOL.

Thank you!
    Kellie

MacBook Pro (mid 2012), 2.7 GHz, 1TB SATA, 8GB
    Catalina v. 10.15.7

Re: Printing Large Reports

Originally posted by Kell75 View Post
    I have shared a copy of my reunion files via dropbox to my Mom's ipad. While she likes to click around and look now and then - she really is more of a paper person, and would really like a report that would so her everything. I've run multiple register reports with her as the source so the relations are noted right, and a few other reports I thought you she might enjoy.

I'm looking for a way to get these printed that won't require a lottery win to pay for it! I uploaded to FedEx Kinko's and it was over $600 for nearly 1,000 pages double sided. Office Depot couldn't upload a majority of the reports due to size. Staples wasn't much cheaper.

There is some color as I included preferred photos. Seems like either in a binder or spiral bound would be best (with dividers). I'm guessing I'm asking for the moon here, but thought I'd check and see if anyone has used a service for this... and didn't need to take out a new mortgage LOL.

Thank you!
    Have you considered printing yourself? If you don't have a color laser printer, you can get a good one for about $200. Here's the one I use.

The starter cartridges claim to print about 1000 pages, but if you are printing a lot of photos, you might not get that. You would want to keep a spare set of toner cartridges around. They run $50-$80, and for 4, it seems expensive; another $200-$300. But if you buy that large capacity, that will give you another 2000 pages, and unless your routinely print large quantities, that will probably last you a couple of years....or more! Even with the printer and refills and a couple of reams of paper, it is not going to cost you $600.
    Researching DEBEE, FRERICHS/FREDERICKS, HAHNENENKAMP, JANCO, KOLK, PETRINI, WEISS

http://familytreesandbranches.weebly.com
    http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.....com/~ilrootz/

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
      Have you considered printing yourself? If you don't have a color laser printer, you can get a good one for about $200. ... Even with the printer and refills and a couple of reams of paper, it is not going to cost you $600.
      Also, only the pages with color need to be printed on a color printer. Printing the rest in B&W should be cheaper.
      Dennis J. Cunniff
      Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
        Have you considered printing yourself? If you don't have a color laser printer, you can get a good one for about $200. Here's the one I use.

The starter cartridges claim to print about 1000 pages, but if you are printing a lot of photos, you might not get that. You would want to keep a spare set of toner cartridges around. They run $50-$80, and for 4, it seems expensive; another $200-$300. But if you buy that large capacity, that will give you another 2000 pages, and unless your routinely print large quantities, that will probably last you a couple of years....or more! Even with the printer and refills and a couple of reams of paper, it is not going to cost you $600.
        Thank you for the printer information. I hadn't even considered printing them myself, since both Mom and I have inkjets, so clearly not ideal. I've never even considered laser at home, because they have always been so expensive, but the one you showed is a great price. I'll add it to my considerations
        Kellie

Catalina v. 10.15.7

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
          Also, only the pages with color need to be printed on a color printer. Printing the rest in B&W should be cheaper.
          I thought that too! There are quite a few pages with no photos, maybe it's the fact that the online submission of the files to FedEx etc doesn't allow that to be separated out? Since the only option was full color or only black and white. I may go and talk to them in person and see what they say in person. Never hurts to ask.
          Kellie

Catalina v. 10.15.7

Comment

Originally posted by Kell75 View Post
            I thought that too! There are quite a few pages with no photos, maybe it's the fact that the online submission of the files to FedEx etc doesn't allow that to be separated out? Since the only option was full color or only black and white. I may go and talk to them in person and see what they say in person. Never hurts to ask.
            Could you separate them out into 2 print jobs? Then when you get them back, reassemble into the correct order?
            Researching DEBEE, FRERICHS/FREDERICKS, HAHNENENKAMP, JANCO, KOLK, PETRINI, WEISS

http://familytreesandbranches.weebly.com
            http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.....com/~ilrootz/

Comment

Working...
            X