Can't connect to DropBox from iPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect to DropBox from iPad

I'm trying to move a family file from my Mac to my iPad, and I've dragged it to DropBox on the Mac, but when I open Reunion Touch on my iPad, my only option is "Synch" with no DropBox option. I have version 2.0.1 on the iPad. Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance!
    Adrian

Re: Can't connect to DropBox from iPad

Hi Adrian,

It sounds like you're opening the old Reunion for iPad app -- that's why you see "Sync" instead of the option to connect to Dropbox. With Reunion 11 we released a new app called ReunionTouch, which syncs via Dropbox (instead of the old manual syncing method). Reunion 11 is only compatible with the new ReunionTouch app.

If you haven't already, you'll need to purchase the ReunionTouch app from the App Store. In that app you should see the option to connect to Dropbox.

Note that if you inadvertently purchased Reunion for iPad (you didn't purchase it to use with Reunion 9 and/or 10), you should request a refund from Apple as outlined here.

I hope that helps,
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Hi, Mark,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've got version 2.0.1 on my iPad, but I can't find any update in the app store. I tried searching for it, but the little progress wheel just keeps spinning.

Comment

Originally posted by ACard View Post
        ...I can't find any update in the app store.
        ReunionTouch isn't an update to Reunion for iPad, it's a completely separate app.

If you click this link it will take you directly to the App Store entry for ReunionTouch.

HTH
        Mark Harrison

Comment

Hi, Mark,

I already have ReunionTouch on my iPad. Do I need to buy it again? I thought I could just upgrade from version 2.0.1 to the latest one. When I searched for ReunionTouch in the Store, nothing came up. I should have said that first off.
          Thanks for bearing with me.

Comment

Doing a search in App Store on iPhone or iPad and typing just "reunion" brings ReunionTouch to near the top of the list. Current version is 1.0.3. It costs $9.99 and works on both devices.
            Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
            Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
            iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by ACard View Post
              I already have ReunionTouch on my iPad. Do I need to buy it again?
              No -- if you already have it you just need to set up syncing via Dropbox, as described in this video. Or, if you prefer text instructions, you can find the steps here.

HTH
              Mark Harrison

Comment

Working...
              X