Using Drupal to post/share Reunion files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Drupal to post/share Reunion files

Has anyone used Drupal as a platform for sharing Reunion generated family histories? If so, I am interested in hearing how you approached it and what issues you encountered.

Drupal does not appear to have any modules or extensions aimed specifically at genealogic information, so my first inclination is to upload Reunion generated web packages to directories either outside or inside the Drupal directory and then link from Drupal to the index pages of the different lines.

The advantage of this approach is simplicity. This disadvantages are that the theming will not be related and functionalities inside Drupal (commenting, Forum, uploading or downloading documents) will not be integrated.

Thanks.
    Peter Elias
    Dutcher Roth Dietz Conklin van Wart Ayres Jaques
    Elias von Arnim Kauders Wolf Spitzer

Re: Using Drupal to post/share Reunion files

Actually, it's new to me (never heard of it before). Is there a website that we can look at?
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Re: Using Drupal to post/share Reunion files

Originally posted by pheski View Post
      Has anyone used Drupal as a platform for sharing Reunion generated family histories? If so, I am interested in hearing how you approached it and what issues you encountered.

Drupal does not appear to have any modules or extensions aimed specifically at genealogic information, so my first inclination is to upload Reunion generated web packages to directories either outside or inside the Drupal directory and then link from Drupal to the index pages of the different lines.

The advantage of this approach is simplicity. This disadvantages are that the theming will not be related and functionalities inside Drupal (commenting, Forum, uploading or downloading documents) will not be integrated.

Thanks.
      In the past there have been people using TNG - The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding with Drupal sites, but I don't think much is happening there these days.

Most of the integrated sites these days seem to be using WordPress and the WordPress-TNG-Plugin.

Either method integrated the TNG output into the CMS theme.

Here's my great great grandfather's page on my WordPress-TNG site

The input to TNG is a GEDCOM file exported from Reunion - everything you see on that page is transferred by the GEDCOM file.

Roger
      Roger Moffat
      http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
      http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Working...
      X