This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion and Time Machine

I have just read in the Manual that if one attempts to restore a family file from a Time Machine backup that was made while the file was open can cause corruption. So I wonder how one could tell whether or not the back up was made with the file open or closed.
    Or should I exclude my family files from the Time Machine back up regime, and only make manual back ups. The only trouble here is to remember to make the back up. That's my main worry.
    Robin
    Victoria, Australia

Re: Reunion and Time Machine

Originally posted by Robin Helmond View Post
    So I wonder how one could tell whether or not the back up was made with the file open or closed.
    If you're using Reunion 10 or 11 you'll receive a message when you try to open the backup that the file is currently open on another Mac. If you don't receive that message then the backup was not made while the file was open.

Or should I exclude my family files from the Time Machine back up regime, and only make manual back ups.
    That's not necessary. You can continue to use Time Machine to backup your file.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Re: Reunion and Time Machine

Thanks Mark, that's heartening. Time Machine is such a comfort. I find I can't rely on my memory these days.
      Robin
      Victoria, Australia

Comment

Working...
      X