Reunion 10 CD "not readable"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion 10 CD "not readable"

I purchased Reunion 10 in 2013 and loaded it onto my iMac.

I have since upgraded my iMac (installed SSD) and an now trying to load Reunion 10 from the CD - I am getting the error "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer". The CD drive will not mount - therefore I cannot see any files on the disk.

Has anybody got any suggestions - or can I find out my licence number? Is it possible to download this version if I do find my licence number?

I did take a clone of my HDD prior to the upgrade so could possibly boot from the clone - not sure how that would help me though?

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Re: Reunion 10 CD "not readable"

Hi Steve,

For issues such as this you should contact us directly.

Please send an email to help@leisterpro.com containing the email and postal address that would have been provided with your purchase/registration of Reunion 10 and we'll go from there.

Thanks,
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Inskip View Post
      I purchased Reunion 10 in 2013 and loaded it onto my iMac.

I have since upgraded my iMac (installed SSD) and an now trying to load Reunion 10 from the CD - I am getting the error "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer". The CD drive will not mount - therefore I cannot see any files on the disk.

Has anybody got any suggestions - or can I find out my licence number? Is it possible to download this version if I do find my licence number?

I did take a clone of my HDD prior to the upgrade so could possibly boot from the clone - not sure how that would help me though?

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
      I had a problem like that -- but it was stupid operator error. I had a new Mac laptop that needed the auxiliary CD/DVD player -- and I was using it upside down. Once I figured that out, I could read the CD.
      Kate McCain

Researching BARKER, FESSLER, KENEIPP, MCCAIN, MORRIS, MONTGOMERY, RAIFORD, WOOTTON, (and in Georgia-- WEBB, EVERETT, LUCKEY, LOWMAN)

Comment

Originally posted by Kate McCain View Post
        I had a problem like that -- but it was stupid operator error. I had a new Mac laptop that needed the auxiliary CD/DVD player -- and I was using it upside down. Once I figured that out, I could read the CD.
        That being said, Apple built in optical readers have always been flackly! Often going out completely.

Luckily, readers/burners are very affordable these days; from around $25 & up.
        Strongly advise acquiring an external drive.
        rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Thanks all 0 this has now been sorted - I have my licences and am now able to run Reunion 10.

Mark - Thanks - swift response from Help and Leister.

Kate - Thanks - I had thought it may have been upside down - but i verified with another disc!!

SGilbert - Have heard that before - lots of others said about cleaning with compressed air. As most software is downloadable now I can maybe get by with this as it reads other discs.

Anyway - problem solved.
          Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X