Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to print a text doc of a register or ahnentafel that includes all of my notes?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to print a text doc of a register or ahnentafel that includes all of my notes?

Greetings,

Does anyone know how to create (for printing) a Register or Ahnentafel text doc (in Word or Pages) -- that includes ALL of the notes I have created which are associated with each person?

In my family file, I have added extensive notes for each person, and would not be keen to have to copy-and-paste such a large quantity from each person's notes into a text doc, much less to have to re-type all of them.

Thanks for any ideas and guidance you can share...

Nicholas

DIRECT LINE: Stevens / Stephens (UK > VA, USA > MO); Carter (UK > VA, USA); Tyler (UK > VA, USA), Cordell (UK > VA, USA); Suter (UK > VA, USA); Keltner (Germany > PA > VA > TN > MO, USA)

Also for VA, USA: Beverley, Larkin, Chew, Skipwith, Todd, Terrell, Fleming, Woodson, Keeling, Tarleton, Edwards, Blackwell, Steptoe, Downing, Stringfellow, Asbury, Stapleton, Lindamood, Peters, Cooper, Johnston, and more.
    Smeds & Snickars(Närpes,FIN);Stevens(VA/MO);Keltner(PA/MO);Suter (Scot/MO);Cordell;Tyler;Carter(VA)

Re: How to print a text doc of a register or ahnentafel that includes all of my notes

I don't run many reports so am not familiar with any limitations they might have on data that can be included. In general, the way to specify which data to include is found in the Layout -->Define Layouts menu in the report setup window after selecting Create Report.

In Reunion 9, to make the changes stick, you might need to save your new layout first, then change its settings in the Define Layout window, and save it again.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Re: How to print a text doc of a register or ahnentafel that includes all of my notes

Originally posted by ttl View Post
      I don't run many reports so am not familiar with any limitations they might have on data that can be included. In general, the way to specify which data to include is found in the Layout -->Define Layouts menu in the report setup window after selecting Create Report.

In Reunion 9, to make the changes stick, you might need to save your new layout first, then change its settings in the Define Layout window, and save it again.
      Thanks, yet again, Tim. This process worked perfectly. Now, I can include all of the narrative 'Notes' I have been including in my file in an Ahnentafel or Tiny Tafel Report file. The goal is that when I open them into Pages, I can then edit -- and expand upon - the narrative, to eventually create a book-length document for printing.

All the best,

Nicholas
      Smeds & Snickars(Närpes,FIN);Stevens(VA/MO);Keltner(PA/MO);Suter (Scot/MO);Cordell;Tyler;Carter(VA)

Comment

Working...
      X