ReunionTalk  
Go Back   ReunionTalk > Using ReunionTouch

Old 14 April 2018, 02:59 PM

Default Reunion 12 in dropbox

Dropbox is showing in both iPad and MacBook Pro. On MacBook I moved reunion 12 to Dropbox. Now from my MacBook I can click on Dropbox and see Reunion 12 there with a green check next to it and that usually means that the entire file is uploaded. In fact, I can open reunion 12 from Dropbox and it opens to my family automatically. But when I go to my iPad Pro and click to upload family file from drop box, then get the list of files in the Dropbox, I can see Reunion 12 right there, but it is grayed. I click on it and nothing happens. Also, it does not look like a folder. It looks like a documentóa paper with the top edge dog-eared down. Donít know what that means. Iíve read the posts about this and nobody else has the problem that I can see. In one post you sent a link to a help article from Leicester, so I read that and followed the steps, but when I get to the download part, the file wonít download.
Old 14 April 2018, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Reunion 12 in dropbox

Reunion belongs on your Mac hard drive. The family file belongs in the Dropbox folder.
Reunion Touch needs to download the family file.
All you'll need to open Reunion is the family file on either.
FWIW, I keep my family file(s) alias in the dock on my Mac.
Old 16 April 2018, 10:51 AM
Technical Support

Default Re: Reunion 12 in dropbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshalf View Post
But when I go to my iPad Pro and click to upload family file from drop box, then get the list of files in the Dropbox, I can see Reunion 12 right there, but it is grayed.
It sounds like you've uploaded the Reunion 12 application to your Dropbox, not your Reunion 12 family file. Please verify that your Reunion 12 family file is in Dropbox -- to do that:

1. Open your family file on the Mac as you normally would.

2. From the menu at the top, choose File > Get Info.

3. Look for "File Location" about 2/3 of the way down the list.

4. The location will show something like: /Users/YourName/Dropbox/My Family File.familyfile12

If you do not see the word "Dropbox" somewhere in that location, then the family file you've opened is not in Dropbox. If that's the case, follow the directions on this web page to move your family file into Dropbox and download it to ReunionTouch.

Note that you should also move the Reunion 12 application back into your Applications folder - it should not be in Dropbox.

HTH

ReunionTalk > Using ReunionTouch > Reunion 12 in dropbox