Anyone using tribalpages.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using tribalpages.com?

I really want to get my tree up on the Internet for a decent price. I'm contemplating putting my tree info on this site. It looks interesting and doable. Still have more reading to do to find out more. However, I was wondering if any of you have pros, cons, recommendations, etc. regarding the site that you could share with me?

Thanks,
    Kaye
    Kaye Mushalik
    -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
    -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
    -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Re: Anyone using tribalpages.com?

Originally posted by kmgenealogy View Post
    I really want to get my tree up on the Internet for a decent price. I'm contemplating putting my tree info on this site. It looks interesting and doable. Still have more reading to do to find out more. However, I was wondering if any of you have pros, cons, recommendations, etc. regarding the site that you could share with me?

Thanks,
    Kaye
    I do have a Tribal Pages account, but I don't actually use it. I haven't updated it since 2012! I do like the look and particularly the privacy provided by password access to the tree. My problem is that I want to have multiple trees for the different branches. I'm willing to share information on living descendants of my great-grandfather, with other descendants of that line, but not necessarily with descendants of my husband's great-grandfather. With Tribal Pages, the subscription fee is not based on your account, but on your individual trees. That means instead of paying $3 per month, I'd be paying $12 per month. I'm not sure it is worth it to me when I can find other ways of sharing. I may take another look at it!

One thing I can tell you is that if you aren't ready to go right now, you can load a basic tree for free. Once you do, Tribal Pages will send occasional emails offering a discount on the subscription fee—often for half-price! I'm guessing their next big sale will be during Family History month, so you may want to play with the free version now, and hold out for the sale.
    Researching DEBEE, FRERICHS/FREDERICKS, HAHNENENKAMP, JANCO, KOLK, PETRINI, WEISS

http://familytreesandbranches.weebly.com
    http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.....com/~ilrootz/

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
      I do have a Tribal Pages account, but I don't actually use it. I haven't updated it since 2012! I do like the look and particularly the privacy provided by password access to the tree. My problem is that I want to have multiple trees for the different branches. I'm willing to share information on living descendants of my great-grandfather, with other descendants of that line, but not necessarily with descendants of my husband's great-grandfather. With Tribal Pages, the subscription fee is not based on your account, but on your individual trees. That means instead of paying $3 per month, I'd be paying $12 per month. I'm not sure it is worth it to me when I can find other ways of sharing. I may take another look at it!

One thing I can tell you is that if you aren't ready to go right now, you can load a basic tree for free. Once you do, Tribal Pages will send occasional emails offering a discount on the subscription fee—often for half-price! I'm guessing their next big sale will be during Family History month, so you may want to play with the free version now, and hold out for the sale.
      Thanks for the info, Kim. Since I only have/want one tree, I'm not worried about higher fees. I also like the idea of starting with the basic free account and then, if it feels right, getting a discount on the fee! Don't remember, when is Family History month?
      Kaye Mushalik
      -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
      -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
      -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Originally posted by kmgenealogy View Post
        Thanks for the info, Kim. Since I only have/want one tree, I'm not worried about higher fees. I also like the idea of starting with the basic free account and then, if it feels right, getting a discount on the fee! Don't remember, when is Family History month?
        I think it is in October.
        Researching DEBEE, FRERICHS/FREDERICKS, HAHNENENKAMP, JANCO, KOLK, PETRINI, WEISS

http://familytreesandbranches.weebly.com
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.....com/~ilrootz/

Comment

Working...
        X