couples married 50 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couples married 50 years

I cannot figure out how to find couples in my database who have been (or were) married for 50 years or more. Can anyone help?

Thanks, in advance.

Claire Bettag

Re: couples married 50 years

Originally posted by clairebettag View Post
    ...how to find couples in my database who have been (or were) married for 50 years or more.
    Click on Find in the nav bar and under "Look for..." select Couples. Under "Conditions" choose Marriage > Marriage Length and select More Than 49.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks, Gregg. That almost works. Out of 1,657 "couples" in my database, I get 94 that match the criteria. But when I go through the list looking at the "marriage date" field in a given family record, there are random results.
      --Some give a number of years more than 50 (what I was looking for).
      --But many give no number after the date, even if one or both death dates have been entered.
      --Others give no number after the marriage date if neither of the parties has a death date.
      --At least one gives the number of years since the marriage date (neither party's death date entered.

I'm sure there is a logic to all of this, but I'm flummoxed. Can you help?

Thanks, in advance.
      Claire

Comment

Thanks, Gregg. That almost works. Out of 1,657 "couples" in my database, I get 94 that match the criteria. But when I go through the list looking at the "marriage date" field in a given family record, there are random results.
        --But many give no number after the date, even if one or both death dates have been entered.
        --Others give no number after the marriage date if neither of the parties has a death date.
        --At least one gives the number of years since the marriage date (neither party's death date entered.

Thanks, in advance.
        Claire
        When displaying the length of marriage on the family view, the birth and death years must be present for both spouses. The Find Anything search does not have the same requirement for calculating length of marriage for a search.
        Gregg Witmer

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Click on Find in the nav bar and under "Look for..." select Couples. Under "Conditions" choose Marriage > Marriage Length and select More Than 49.
          That's exactly what I did. See my earlier response about the random kinds of responses I get. I said: "Thanks, Gregg. That almost works. Out of 1,657 "couples" in my database, I get 94 that match the criteria. But when I go through the list looking at the "marriage date" field in a given family record, there are random results.

Thanks, in advance.
          Claire"

Comment

When displaying the length of marriage on the family view, the birth and death years must be present for both spouses. The Find Anything search does not have the same requirement for calculating length of marriage for a search.
            After I did the "find" and "look for" and "couples" and "marriage length" and "more than 49 years" the RESULTS list (that appears on the right) has 94 people listed. When I click on any one of them, that takes me to the family view, with the marriage field with the date of the marriage. In some of those I see the number of years married; in others, not. See my previous messages.

What am I doing wrong (if anything). Maybe I'm looking for something that Reunion cannot do.
            Claire

Comment

In some of those I see the number of years married; in others, not.
              Take a look at one of the family views that do not show a length for the marriage, do both spouses have birth dates?
              Gregg Witmer

Comment

Take a look at one of the family views that do not show a length for the marriage, do both spouses have birth dates?
                Thanks, Gregg. I looked at a number of the 94 results (supposedly married more than 49 years) that do NOT display number of years married and found some have:
                --estimated birthdates (“ca 12 Dec 1896)
                --estimated marriage dates (“ca 12 Dec 1896)
                --estimated birth and marriage dates

So I thought maybe the “ca” was getting in the way of the calculation. BUT, I have one with an estimated marriage date, estimated birth date for the groom, specific birthdate for the bride. AND it still gave me “56” years married!!

And other anomalies:
                --One has a specific marriage date, plus birth dates (one only the year of birth), and no number of years married.
                --Three have specific marriage dates, plus specific birthdates, but only one death date, and no number of years married
                --One has specific marriage date, specific birth and death dates for both parties, but no number of years married.

So there you have it.

Thoughts?

Is there a way to add conditions to the "find" that would eliminate those that are definitely not going to give a number of years?

Comment

Working...
                X