Inserting a generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inserting a generation

Found that during data entry years ago (reunion 4), that the son of John is actually the grandson , and i would like to know how to delink the parents, and keep the grandson ( and progeny) intact. Any advice?

Re: Inserting a generation

Originally posted by rich colwell View Post
    Found that during data entry years ago (reunion 4), that the son of John is actually the grandson , and i would like to know how to delink the parents, and keep the grandson ( and progeny) intact. Any advice?
    If grandson's parents are totally unknown, put him in the clipboard temporarily. delete parents bu putting them in clipboard also, but then delete them from there. Create a mysterious parent by using ? last name, or some such, in the grandfather's page. From the ?, you can add back the grandson from the clipboard..
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Re: Inserting a generation

Originally posted by rich colwell View Post
      Assuming you want to keep the link to the known grandparents ...
      First create a new child for the grandparents and click on that child (parent).
      Then find the son in the people list on the right, and drag him to the child area of the parent - select move from the options.
      Job done.
      Peter Cook
      Rossmoyne, Western Australia
      OSX 10.13.6 & iOS 12.4.6; Reunion 12.0 [200602];ReunionTouch 1.0.15

Comment

Working...
      X