Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple iMac G5 hard drive - where do I find my database

Hi
    I purchased Reunion 9 many years ago and have been using it ever since on my Apple iMac G5. My computer stopped working, so I have removed the hard drive and I have it in an external case which I can plug into my other iMac.

I have dragged Reunion 9 into Applications on my other iMac, but when I click to open it, it doesn't bring up my database with my family trees, it just brings up the screen to start again.

Is there somewhere on hard drive that stores the database separately under some other name?

I don't want to have to start all over again, I had tons of information on it, that I've collected over many, many years.

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions from other Apple users.

Many thanks - Janet

Re: Apple iMac G5 hard drive - where do I find my database

Hi Janet,

Originally posted by Janet Brown View Post
    Is there somewhere on hard drive that stores the database separately under some other name?
    Yes - your data is stored in your family file, which is separate from the application. By default, Reunion 9 would save family files in:

Home/Documents/Reunion Files/

Note that when accessing the drive via an external enclosure, your "Home" would be a folder inside the "Users" folder. The name of the folder would be whatever your username was on the Mac that the drive came from - e.g., if your username was "Janet" the location of the family file would be:

/Users/Janet/Documents/Reunion Files/

Also note that you could have saved the family file elsewhere. If you don't see it in the above location, try searching the external drive for ".familyfile" (no quotes). That should bring up any Reunion 9 family files on the hard drive.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Many thanks Mark, I'll try this and let you know how I get on.

Regards - Janet

Comment

Hi Mark,
        I was able to find my databases by searching under familyfile.
        Thank you so much for your help.
        The photos and documents are showing as question marks, but in the multimedia area, it quotes the photo number, so I can gradually work my way through re-adding them by searching with the photo number.

I am extremely grateful to you - thanks so much.

Kind regards - Janet

Comment

Working...
        X