This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entering Cousins who have married.

I have an uncle who is already in my Reunion database. As I am working back through my generations, he will appear again as a spouse to a cousin. Do I just enter him with his info, or is there a special way to double-list the same person?
    Thanks,

Steve Buhman

Re: Entering Cousins who have married.

Originally posted by Steve Buhman View Post
    I have an uncle who is already in my Reunion database. As I am working back through my generations, he will appear again as a spouse to a cousin. Do I just enter him with his info, or is there a special way to double-list the same person?
    A person should only appear once in your database, or put another way, you should have only one entry for any one person.

If he's already entered as your uncle, then when you are entering your cousin's marriage, you will add him to that marriage as an "existing spouse". If you search the manual for "Marrying Two People Who Were Entered Separately" you will find various ways to do that.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Re: Entering Cousins who have married.

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      A person should only appear once in your database, or put another way, you should have only one entry for any one person.

If he's already entered as your uncle, then when you are entering your cousin's marriage, you will add him to that marriage as an "existing spouse". If you search the manual for "Marrying Two People Who Were Entered Separately" you will find various ways to do that.
      Thank you, Dennis

Steve

Comment

Working...
      X