This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fact not displaying on individual's card

I have Version 9 of Reunion, and today I've encountered a problem with a fact not showing up on a person's card, specifically "cause of death". I've searched the manual and the talk forum and tried googling for an answer as to whether or not there is a limit to the number of facts and/or events that can be added to a card. Obviously I'm overlooking the answer somewhere. And I'll admit that I'm not as savvy as I'd like to be when using Reunion.

Would someone be so kind as to help me out here? Thanks so much.

Regards,
    Nancy Edwards

Re: Fact not displaying on individual's card

Originally posted by Nancy Edwards View Post
    I have Version 9 of Reunion, and today I've encountered a problem with a fact not showing up on a person's card, specifically "cause of death".
    Nancy,

"Cause of death" won't show on any of the default views, unless you specifically add it to the view.

I'm on R11, so I no longer have an R9 manual to prowl around in, but you should search in the Reunion 9 Help/Manual for something like "Customizing the Family View" and/or "Adding & Removing Fields in the Family View".
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

I have Version 9 of Reunion, and today I've encountered a problem with a fact not showing up on a person's card, specifically "cause of death". I've searched the manual and the talk forum and tried googling for an answer as to whether or not there is a limit to the number of facts and/or events that can be added to a card. Obviously I'm overlooking the answer somewhere. And I'll admit that I'm not as savvy as I'd like to be when using Reunion.

Regards,
      Nancy Edwards
      Do you mean on the main family cards or the individual person cards. I don't think setting up Field or Family View is much different in R9 & R11. However, I could be wrong.😀 I'm in R11 also. Here's what you do in R11.

Have you checked Reunion > Preferences > ...

1) Family View > Couple > Fields > Under the Couple Button? Does it show the Cause of Death field? If not, go to Add Field > Facts > Cause of Death. Drag the Cause of Death section to where you want it and close the preference window. Does Cause of Death show up on your family card? ... or...

2) Field > Person > Facts > look on right at Default Person Facts to see if Cause of death is there. If not > click on Cause of death under Person facts on the left side. Then go to the right side again and click on the Add Cause of death button at the bottom of the list. You can then drag it where you want it to be in the list.

Hope it works for you.
      Kaye Mushalik
      -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
      -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
      -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
        Nancy,

"Cause of death" won't show on any of the default views, unless you specifically add it to the view.

I'm on R11, so I no longer have an R9 manual to prowl around in, but you should search in the Reunion 9 Help/Manual for something like "Customizing the Family View" and/or "Adding & Removing Fields in the Family View".
        Hey Dennis,

Thank you for your response. Actually I did customize the Family View to display cause of death, and it shows up on others but just not on this particular individual. I happen to have entered several things for this person, and that's why I wondered if there is a limit to how much you could put on the card.

Appreciate your message.

Regards,
        Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by kmgenealogy View Post
          Do you mean on the main family cards or the individual person cards. I don't think setting up Field or Family View is much different in R9 & R11. However, I could be wrong.�� I'm in R11 also. Here's what you do in R11.

Have you checked Reunion > Preferences > ...

1) Family View > Couple > Fields > Under the Couple Button? Does it show the Cause of Death field? If not, go to Add Field > Facts > Cause of Death. Drag the Cause of Death section to where you want it and close the preference window. Does Cause of Death show up on your family card? ... or...

2) Field > Person > Facts > look on right at Default Person Facts to see if Cause of death is there. If not > click on Cause of death under Person facts on the left side. Then go to the right side again and click on the Add Cause of death button at the bottom of the list. You can then drag it where you want it to be in the list.

Hope it works for you.
          Perhaps the view I'm referring to is the family view. As I said, I'm not as familiar as I'd like to be with Reunion despite having had it for several years. But it is the view where there is a couple (in this instance, my parents), and there is a "card" for each with their name and events/facts/notes.

So - I did double check (following your directions above), and under "person facts" on the left, cause of death is listed. And under "default person facts", cause of death is listed. In fact, the cause of death does appear on the cards of other people.

Thank you for your response and directions. I'll continue to try and figure out this bugaboo. No doubt, it's user error and the "fix" is right before my eyes. Appreciate your help.

Regards,
          Nancy

Comment

Regards,
            Nancy Edwards
            Responding to my initial post to say that I may have figured out my problem. Yesterday I changed from Default View to Smart View so that adding an event/fact would show up for the person for whom it was appropriate but not for all people.

I just changed back to Default, and now the cause of death is displaying where it wasn't before. Why it remained for other persons and just not this particular one, I don't know. But at least I now have it where I want it. Guess I'll stick with the Default View.

Thanks again to those who responded to my post.

Regards,
            Nancy

Comment

Working...
            X