This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using aperture to retouch fragile images and identify them

Hello to all. I have made a decision to curtail my family tree to just the descendants of my two pioneer families immigrating to Australia. These were from the 1860's and now fairly complete, numbering about 900, all in Australia.
    I have several hundred photographs of these relatives, as I seem to be the oldest living person, the photographs were passed on down to me.
    I have portraits of greatgrandparents of my two 'roots' and their children in several group photos. Then all their children were happily recorded in studios as it went along. Plus many wedding ones and of course family snaps.
    So a good many of these are now in my family boxes.
    I have managed to add portraits to family records of about 3/4 of the total families.
    By scanning and using the many controls of Aperture program I have made some remarkable restorations of faded and damaged images. I don't use Photoshop, as I find Aperture to be sufficient.
    Sadly the program will be discontinued and I treasure the copy I have. Affinity program has arrived but is overkill for me. All my prints and negatives etc are scanned.
    My two problems now are #1 to decide on how to manage original photos ranging from stamp size to 20x16in. And #2 how to identify both prints and scanned photos.
    I have sorted many by using family #number plus #person number. Eg F100/p2 etc.
    Reunion shows these numbers as unique to each person, which is really great.
    Hope this helps others too.
    Noel Fields Australia
    email > nefields@me.com <
    Researching Fields, Majewski, Watson, Hurwood, Parker.
Working...
X