ReunionTalk  
Go Back   ReunionTalk > Using Reunion 11

Old 11 February 2018, 08:38 PM

Default creating tree with entire contents of Reunion

I find I've ended up with disconnected people and groups of people within my Reunion family tree. I'd like to identify these and decide how to deal with them. Is there a mean to, for instance, create a graphic tree(s) that shows everything in the database?
I"m not sure how the disconnected bits got in there, but I suspect it happened quite a few years ago when I attempted to import trees info from others. A bad idea, I now know, but...now to deal with the aftermath.
Many thanks for any help.
Old 11 February 2018, 09:18 PM

Default Re: creating tree with entire contents of Reunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe Researcher View Post
I find I've ended up with disconnected people and groups of people within my Reunion family tree. I'd like to identify these and decide how to deal with them. Is there a mean to, for instance, create a graphic tree(s) that shows everything in the database?
I"m not sure how the disconnected bits got in there, but I suspect it happened quite a few years ago when I attempted to import trees info from others. A bad idea, I now know, but...now to deal with the aftermath.
Many thanks for any help.
Don't try to do this with graphics. They'll be too large. Instead, use the "Islands" feature.

If you click "Islands" in the Sidebar list, you'll get a list of clusters that are not connected to each other. You can then look at them, name them, mark them, connect them, etc.
Old 11 February 2018, 09:31 PM
ttl

To directly address part of your question, Reunion will only create charts within one island at a time.
Old 12 February 2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
Don't try to do this with graphics. They'll be too large. Instead, use the "Islands" feature.

If you click "Islands" in the Sidebar list, you'll get a list of clusters that are not connected to each other. You can then look at them, name them, mark them, connect them, etc.
I figured there had to be a way, Nice and simple. Thanks!
Old 12 February 2018, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttl View Post
To directly address part of your question, Reunion will only create charts within one island at a time.
Good to know. Thanks.

ReunionTalk > Using Reunion 11 > creating tree with entire contents of Reunion