Removing old family file from iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing old family file from iPhone

Now that I'm using ReunionTouch with the family file stored in Dropbox, how can I go into my iPhone 6+ and remove the old familyfile that the previous Reunion mobile app was using? It seems unnecessary now and taking up valuable space on the iPhone. I can't think of a place to see that file and delete it, but I know there must be a way! Thanks!

Re: Removing old family file from iPhone

Originally posted by L May View Post
    Now that I'm using ReunionTouch with the family file stored in Dropbox, how can I go into my iPhone 6+ and remove the old familyfile that the previous Reunion mobile app was using?!
    If you are still able to open the older Reunion app on your iPhone 6+, follow these steps to delete the family file...

1. Open the older Reunion app on your iPhone 6+.

(if Reunion opens directly to the family file, tap the tool icon and tap "Close.")

2. In the "Welcome to Reunion" screen, swipe your finger left or right across the file name and tap "Delete."

3. Then, tap "Delete <name of family file>."

However, if you are no longer able to open the older Reunion app on your iPhone 6+, you may delete it (along with the family file) by tapping/holding on the older Reunion app icon until the apps wiggle. Then, tap the "x" in the upper left corner of it to delete it.

Other ways to delete apps from your iPhone 6+ can be found here...

How do I completely remove an app from my iPhone? This article introduces 4 effective ways to delete, remove or uninstall apps from iPhone 11/XS/X/8/7/6s/6s Plus/6 Plus/6/5S, which helps to optimize iPhone performance.

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Hey there! I understand the frustration of freeing up space on your iPhone. To remove the old family file, go to Settings > General, and select iPhone Storage. Look for the Reunion mobile app in the list, tap on it, and you should find an option to delete documents and data. If you need more tips, check out this resource. Happy organizing!

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond93 View Post
        Hey there! I understand the frustration of freeing up space on your iPhone. To remove the old family file, go to Settings > General, and select iPhone Storage. Look for the Reunion mobile app in the list, tap on it, and you should find an option to delete documents and data. If you need more tips, check out this resource. Happy organizing!
        Actually, that is the long multistep method. The most direct way to delete an app and its data is to long press on the app's icon. That produces a popup menu where one of the choices is to delete the app. Tap and done. Note: There are several Apple apps that cannot be deleted and will not show said choice.
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
        X