List of ancestors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of ancestors

I am trying to produce a report of the list of ancestors between one person, and another known ancestor, rather than all the other ancestors the original person may have.

Can someone advise if this is possible

Re: List of ancestors

If a chart format is good for your purposes, here's how. Using you and your GGG grandfather.

1. Click on Find in left sidebar.
    2. In the Find Relationships part, from right sidebar (people listed), drag yourself and GGG grandfather into the two Person 1 and 2 boxes.
    3. Click on Find Relationship.
    4. In addition to telling you the relationship, two choices appear to the right: Create Chart and Mark Direct Line.
    5. Click on Create Chart.

You now have a chart going direct without any side relationships. Happy hunting!
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      If a chart format is good for your purposes...
      And if for some reason you want text rather than a chart, go to your card, Mark your ancestors, go to your GGG-grandfather's card, and make a "Descendant Report" with "Marked Descendants Only" checked.
      Dennis J. Cunniff
      Click here to email me

Comment

If a chart format is good for your purposes, here's how. Using you and your GGG grandfather.

2. In the Find Relationships part, from right sidebar (people listed), drag yourself and GGG grandfather into the two Person 1 and 2 boxes.
        4. In addition to telling you the relationship, two choices appear to the right: Create Chart and Mark Direct Line.

You now have a chart going direct without any side relationships. Happy hunting!
        Hello and thanks, Bob, but I'm having difficulty. This method, although it tells me the relationship between myself and Jonas WEEDE is 10th Great Granddaughter, when I then click on Create Chart the only person on the chart is my son's father! And when I click on Mark Direct Line, the only person marked is ME! Go figure.

Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong bearing in mind that you're dealing with a gray-haired, apparently slowing down in the brains department, old lady?

I am using Reunion 12.0 on an iMac running High Sierra version 10.13.5

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Janet Snow

Added 7/8/2018 @ 11:06 a.m.:
        p.s.
        When I do create a chart, it causes the entire Reunion program to "quit unexpectedly" if I try to make edits to it before printing. Happens every time so far.
        Thanks for any help.
        Janet (again)
        Thanks
        Last edited by J L Snow; 08 July 2018, 10:07 AM. Reason: additional related problem with charts

Comment

If I were sitting at your Mac playing with your family file, I might be able to figure that out. Or there might be some sort of limitation in the program with regard to forming the chart. Either way, I can't help long distance.

Bottom line is this is a question for the Leister crew. They read all posts so someone should pop in soon.
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Try the above except
            5. Click on "Mark Direct Line..." which will mark people in the direct line for this relationship. 6. Go to "Reports" and choose "Ancestor". It should show the "youngest" of the two relations.
            7. Follow regular instructions for the Ancestor Report...adding or deleting what you do/don't want. If not sure, check out Ancestor Report in the Manual via the Question Mark in the lower left of the screen.
            8. You should get a report for that person. Hopefully, it will have what you want.
            Kaye Mushalik
            -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
            -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
            -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
            X