Web Project index.json

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Project index.json

I've been looking at the JSON file (index.json) which is generated when I produce a Web Project.

Is there documentation for how the information in each record is generated?

Is there any control over what information goes into this JSON file?

Specifically, I am trying to understand how multiple marriages by an individual are handled in this index.

The person index in the JSON format looks to be potentially very useful for processing with other tools, but I'm stuck right now trying to figure out how to interpret the information in index.json as it relates to the information you can obtain using idx001.html or a GEDCOM file as a starting point.

Don Braffitt

Re: Web Project index.json

Originally posted by donbraffitt View Post
    Is there documentation for how the information in each record is generated?
    Not that's publicly available.

Is there any control over what information goes into this JSON file?
    No.

Specifically, I am trying to understand how multiple marriages by an individual are handled in this index.
    Each person in the web project has one entry in the JSON file. If they have multiple spouses, that entry will point to the family card with whichever spouse is set as the preferred spouse.

The person index in the JSON format looks to be potentially very useful for processing with other tools...
    The JSON file was designed specifically for the new search feature we added to the Web Project in Reunion 12. Aside from the name, sex, and birth/death dates, the rest of the information is only really relevant to the Web Project -- it wouldn't be of much use outside of that.
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X