This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corrupted file

One of my Reunion 10 family files has been corrupted. When I click on People in the sidebar, over 450 ‘UNNAMED’ people are shown. When I click on any of these names, the message “This person is in the Clipboard. Etc. ..” appears. If I respond ‘Yes’ a new Unrelated person page appears. How can I remove all these ghost people?
    JackieC

Re: Corrupted file

Originally posted by jackie corcoran View Post
    One of my Reunion 10 family files has been corrupted. When I click on People in the sidebar, over 450 ‘UNNAMED’ people are shown. When I click on any of these names, the message “This person is in the Clipboard. Etc. ..” appears. If I respond ‘Yes’ a new Unrelated person page appears. How can I remove all these ghost people?
    First item would be to click on your clipboard and see who is there. The clipboard is meant to be used for moving people around—like when you link a child to a wrong parent, or a person to the wrong spouse. You put them into the cllipboard to remove them from the wrong family and then pull them out of the clipboard to attach them to the right family. Presumably if you have many people in the clipboard - and haven't placed them them somewhere - then you don't need them. Right click within the clipboard sidebar and choose Delete. I empty my clipboard after each session. If you are not sure why the names are in the clipboard, you can click on the name to view the file and delete names one at a time. When Reunion asks if you want to keep a sidebar name - the answer is usually no, unless you are specifically creating a new un-linked person file.

I would be careful with unnamed names in the index sidebar. I have many unnamed people because I just don't know their names but I want to show that someone was married, or that a child was born - name unknown. If it were my file, I would click on each unnamed name to view them - and if they are not linked to someone then delete. If there is a link then decide whether to keep or delete. You may do this all at once or just review a few each session. ~Lily

Comment

Working...
    X