Dragging child from sidebar to parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragging child from sidebar to parents

I have tried multiple times to drag a woman already in my family file to her parents page. I choose "add female child from sidebar" and then drag her name to the "children box." However, the program sends her right back to the sidebar. It will not allow me to connect her with her parents. What am I doing wrong?

many thanks.

Re: Dragging child from sidebar to parents

Originally posted by AnneMurray View Post
    I have tried multiple times to drag a woman already in my family file to her parents page. I choose "add female child from sidebar" and then drag her name to the "children box." However, the program sends her right back to the sidebar. It will not allow me to connect her with her parents. What am I doing wrong?
    What if you don't choose anything (all "add female child from sidebar" does is change the people in the people list to females with the father's surname), and just drag her from the people list to the child area? If it doesn't work, does Reunion flash some kind of explanation (like, she's an ancestor of one of the parents?)
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by AnneMurray View Post

many thanks.
      Hi Anne,
      I find if I drag a child from the sidebar and place over the mother’s name a pop up asks if Iwant to add this child as son/dau. It usually works that way.
      Alan
      Last edited by alan; 19 October 2017, 08:07 AM. Reason: mis-spelt
      iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Alan and Dennis,

I finally made the drag and drop work. I had been dragging the daughter into the blank space in the children's window. When I dragged her on top of other children, I was able to add her to the family.

Alan - dragging her onto the mother gave me the option of merging her with the mother or adding her as a spouse to her father. Interesting recommendation, though.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

Anne

Comment

Working...
        X