Loss of entered data!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of entered data!

This morning, when I started Reunion (10.0.6), several recently entered data had been replaced with [[pt:7980]] these codes.

What have I done wrong? or why have have got these in my file?

Bill

Re: Loss of entered data!

Hi Bill,

The first thing to try is rebuilding the cache files using:

File -> Rebuild Cache Files...

If that doesn't resolve the issue, you should send us your current family file along with the most recent backup that contains the missing places. For details on how to send those files, please see this FAQ.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

hi Mark

Thanks for your input ... I have tried what you suggested, i.e. "File .. Rebuild cache files", but after getting the "Building thumbnails box", the app just gives me the whirling, coloured apple Circle and then freezes, so I am unable to close Reunion down .... except by Force Quit.

Before I send the 2 files, the backed up file, "Hall 10 (original)" ... Time Machine ... doesn't have all the missing places, as i worked on the damaged file (before finding out it was damaged!) before getting the [[pt:7980]] codes.

The backup file appears to be very large and so I might have to use Drop Box ... haven't used it before so a learning curve is expected!!

Bill

Comment

Hi again Mark

I think that I have uploaded the two files to DropBox and have allowed you to share them .. I think!

Any problems, pls get back to me.

Bill

Comment

Bill,

Thanks for sending the files -- I haven't been able to locate any missing places in the files you sent. Could you send an email to help@leisterpro.com that includes details on some of the entries with missing places?

The email will also server to provide me with your email address, so that I can send a reply via email.

Thanks,
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X