ReunionTalk  
Go Back   ReunionTalk > Using Software & Hardware with Reunion

Old 17 February 2017, 09:37 AM

Default The Master Genealogist

I am interested in talking with someone who is knowledgeable about how to use the Master Genealogist Program. I am engaged in a research project which uses this program and would love to have a "hands on" tutorial in how to use it. Thank you.
clkohles@aol.com
Old 17 February 2017, 12:20 PM
Technical Support

Default Re: The Master Genealogist

You will likely get better results asking on the TMG forums, found here.

It is worth noting that TMG was discontinued in 2014, per this post on their forums.
Old 18 February 2017, 05:52 PM

If you are using Reunion for your work now, you're in for a significant learning curve to use TMG.

I used TMG (on and off) for close to 10 years before moving to a Mac in 2006. I was not close to a power user. TMG runs under Windows only. When they ceased development, I found Reunion -- a wonderful moment!

FWIW, my file information from TMG converted nicely into Reunion. That may be worth your consideration as an approach to your project's needs.

I'm quite sure I put my expensive TMG-produced, instructional DVDs into our Library's book sale. On the chance I didn't, I'll take a look around and post here shortly if I find them. There's hours of content -- indicative of the complexity of TMG's model for a person.

Terry
Old 21 February 2017, 01:10 PM

Thank you for getting back to me. I am in somewhat desperate circumstances. I belong to a group of researchers who are using TMG. i have a dual platform on my MacBook Pro and the latest and last update of TMG v9.4. I am looking for a tutorial, sort of a hands on "lab" like I used to have in high school biology class where I can just sit with someone who can help me with the basics of how to enter and change data. I have books, but the one-to-one would be very desirable.

Cynthia Kohles
clkohles@aol.com
Old 25 February 2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKohles View Post
Thank you for getting back to me. I am in somewhat desperate circumstances. I belong to a group of researchers who are using TMG. i have a dual platform on my MacBook Pro and the latest and last update of TMG v9.4. I am looking for a tutorial, sort of a hands on "lab" like I used to have in high school biology class where I can just sit with someone who can help me with the basics of how to enter and change data. I have books, but the one-to-one would be very desirable.

Cynthia Kohles
clkohles@aol.com
My recollection is TMG had a very robust users forum with some very helpful posters. Worth a look.

I haven't had a chance to hunt for my DVDs yet and am not at all sure I still have them. I'll look today. I'm afraid they would have been an easy decision to toss out and so probably were.

Re: dual platform -- my counterpart of your "dual platform" runs Windows 7 in a Bootcamp partition. On Monday, my "user id file corrupted" after an 18 month hiatus since last time. Total lockout to my Windows stuff. I had current data files but the applications state was three weeks old. All is now restored and functional. The tool I use is Winclone, and it's worked flawlessly in two out of two crises.

Terry
Old 02 March 2017, 07:48 PM

I sent you an email several days ago with some good news. I used the email link in your signature. Perhaps your isp trapped it in a spam filter? Take a look and let me know if you're still interested.

Terry

ReunionTalk > Using Software & Hardware with Reunion > The Master Genealogist