ReunionTalk  
Go Back   ReunionTalk > Using Older Versions of Reunion

Closed Thread

Old 04 January 2011, 06:05 PM

Thumbs up Re: what is best way for me to send a descendants chart?

Thank you. Maria.
Old 06 January 2011, 12:08 PM
ttl

Default Re: what is best way for me to send a descendants chart?

There's a couple of things that I can share about Heartland Family Graphics that might be of interest to readers of this thread.

- Firstly, our prices tend to be more affordable than most generic printing places, and will usually reduce significantly with multiple copies. For example, that 22 page chart in the original post would be $44 dollars for the first copy on our high quality standard paper, $40 for the second, and $22 for all subsequent copies. Additional discounts can apply with higher numbers of copies.

- Secondly, we're not limited in page length by software like most printing places; rather, we're limited by the length of the media we put through the printer. For the most part, if you have a chart that's 1200 inches (100 ft) wide in Reunion, we can print that for you on a single 100 ft wide page. Even 150 feet would be doable with some of our media.

Sharing trees via PDF files can be a great solution for some people, but for others, there's no good substitute for paper and ink. I hope this description has helped clarify options for the folks who are interested in sharing their research with a wider audience.
Old 09 January 2011, 12:20 PM

I tried the Print, PDF, Then Save as PDF. It worked, but it splits some of the data right in the middle of the "sentence", horizontally. Cuts the letters right in half. That really doesn't work.
Old 10 January 2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Drugge View Post
I tried the Print, PDF, Then Save as PDF. It worked, but it splits some of the data right in the middle of the "sentence", horizontally. Cuts the letters right in half. That really doesn't work.
It sounds like you have a chart that is more than one page long. If it is only slightly larger, try using LEGAL sized paper. If that is still too short (and / or too narrow) go to PAGE SETUP and define a "sheet" that is as big as you need.

The simplest way to determine the needed size is to count the number of letter sized pages vertically and horizonally and then multiply by 8.5 x 11. The result is a single sheet big enough to accomodate the entire chart! The only caveat is that PDFs can be only (!) 200" x 200". Bigger charts will require more than one sheet.

Moreover, you can use the MOVE BOXES function to shift them off the page breaks. That way, no more split text.

HTH.
Old 11 February 2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Ribeiro View Post
I try to save my chart on the "Save graphic file as a PDF", and when I open the file, I got empty file. When I look up the info on the file, I have 7.6 MB (Pages I have, 28/122) this is to big file for the Reunion program? How can I reduce for smaller chart?
Thank you. Maria.

Thank YOU from ME too! THis gave me what I wanted so the non MAC person I was sending it to could just magnify it and it looks just like mine does!!!!
Closed Thread

ReunionTalk > Using Older Versions of Reunion > what is best way for me to send a descendants chart?