This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group photos, picture of census page

I have a lovely photograph of my grandparents and their five children, and all my grandfather's brothers with their wives and children (that were in the US) as well as one single cousin. Do I have to upload this photo to each family's multimedia? Or is there a way to upload it once and then reference it for the other families?

I have the same issue with census information. Do I have to upload the census page picture for husband and wife and widowed parent and all 10 children 13 times? Every 10 years?

In some cases, I have put in Notes under Misc: "See Census year xxxx under father's name" Does anyone have a more elegant solution?
    Thanks, Roberta
    Roberta

Re: Group photos, picture of census page

Roberta -

Yes, drop the photo into each family, or individual's, multimedia. But you are not uploading a copy, just telling Reunion to use the same image there too. And you can easily get Reunion to crop the (appearance of) the image differently for different purposes.

The Census page is different. I would suggest a more elegant approach is to attach the image only to a source, and to reference that source as appropriate.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Re: Group photos, picture of census page

Hi, Thanks for the hint about attaching the census image to the source. I didn't notice that it was a possibility! Much more elegant!
      Roberta

Comment

Working...
      X