This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Fan Charts

Is it possible to change the background color on fan charts for each person?

I would like to make a fan chart that shows X-chromosome DNA inheritance similar to these:

Only certain ancestors contribute to the X-chromosome and which ones differ depending on whether the descendant is male or female. I was able to change the text color for individuals, but not the background color.

Any ideas?
    Carol

Re: Custom Fan Charts

Originally posted by Carol Thompson View Post
    Is it possible to change the background color on fan charts for each person?

I would like to make a fan chart that shows X-chromosome DNA inheritance similar to these:

Only certain ancestors contribute to the X-chromosome and which ones differ depending on whether the descendant is male or female. I was able to change the text color for individuals, but not the background color.

Any ideas?
    Carol
    I was reminded of this topic today, when I read a post by genetic genealogist and blogger Roberta Estes: Using X and Mitochondrial DNA Charts by Charting Companion (https://dna-explained.com/2017/02/07...ing-companion/)

She has mentioned the software (referenced in the post above) before in her blog, but it is not available for Mac, unless you run a Windows emulator such as Boot Camp, Parallels or others. I really wish Reunion would add such functionality to their choices of charts. It is very helpful to see just who has contributed along the direct mtDNA and unique X chromosome paths of inheritance, and much easier than printing a blank fan or pedigree chart and coloring it in yourself. It would also avoid any hand-done mistakes in such printed charts.

I will also post this in the Wish List section, and hope someone at Leister will consider it.

Comment

Re: Custom Fan Charts

I have changed the color of each cell in the fan chart Reunion produces manually using a photo editor to create an x inheritance chart but it's a bit of a slog. Would be much nicer if it was an option in Reunion!

Comment

Working...
      X