Clipboard> children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clipboard> children

"If the wrong parents appear on a family B (in the upper-left or upper-right corner of family B), drag one of the parents on family B to the Clipboard sidebar (the other parent will come along).>

In the above, it says one spouse will follow the other. However, when I move a child of the couple, the spouse and children stay behind. That means dragging each to the clipboard then remembering how to "re-assemble" (remember who's the parents, who's the kids). Any better way to keep them all intact?
    ====
    macRBC
    Reunion user since 2009
    macOS 10.11.16 El Capitan
    Reunion v11.0.11

Re: Clipboard> children

Originally posted by macRBC View Post
    ...when I move a child of the couple, the spouse and children stay behind. That means dragging each to the clipboard then remembering how to "re-assemble" (remember who's the parents, who's the kids).
    It sounds like the "child" is being dragged from the "Couple" section of the family view. (The Couple section is where spouses are shown side-by-side under their parents and above their children — in the center of the family view. When dragging a person from the Couple section to the clipboard, the others will not follow along.)

Originally posted by macRBC View Post
    Any better way to keep them all intact?
    Yes. Navigate to the correct family view where that person is shown as a "child" in the "Children" section of the family view. Then, drag that person to the clipboard from the Children section.

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Clipboard> children

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      It sounds like the "child" is being dragged from the "Couple" section of the family view. (The Couple section is where spouses are shown side-by-side under their parents and above their children — in the center of the family view. When dragging a person from the Couple section to the clipboard, the others will not follow along.)

Yes. Navigate to the correct family view where that person is shown as a "child" in the "Children" section of the family view. Then, drag that person to the clipboard from the Children section.

I hope you find this information helpful
      I created 2 parents, a child, a spouse for the child and tried this method to make sure I understood. Problem was, it was too logical http://www.reuniontalk.com/images/icons/icon7.gif Thanks Deb.
      ====
      macRBC
      Reunion user since 2009
      macOS 10.11.16 El Capitan
      Reunion v11.0.11

Comment

Working...
      X