"Viewing" multiple spouses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Viewing" multiple spouses

I'm fairly new to Reunion. I imported a file from Ancestry, and am adding information to Reunion as I find it. I struggled a bit with adding spouses but think I have the hang of it now.

My challenge is this: One of my ancestors (Thomas) was married to a woman who died after about 8 years of marriage; they had a son. Thomas remarried a woman and they didn't have any children. He remarried again after her death, but I haven't much information so haven't even touched that yet. I do see the red triangle in his person box, and can see both women's names I've entered.

But when I switch from family view to tree view, there doesn't seem to be any indication of the second wife.

I have a similar situation with my brother who was married, had 3 daughters, divorced and married a different woman. But in his case, I see his current wife and her parents, but not his ex-wife and their 3 kids.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but didn't see this addressed anywhere.

Thanks, Pat

Re: "Viewing" multiple spouses

Reunion is a bit family-centric, so when you are centered on a family, you’ll only see that couple and their children. If you go up to the parents of the person with multiple marriages in the hourglass tree view, you’ll see all his families.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Re: "Viewing" multiple spouses

Thanks, Tim.

Got it! I knew there must be something I hadn't tried.

Comment

Working...
      X