This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merge to New File

Have large file and want to take 1 family and its generations only to new file. Have already new clone file but need directions to go from there. Thank you

Btw have already a back up copy just in case!.

Re: Merge to New File

Originally posted by Frogqi View Post
    Have large file and want to take 1 family and its generations only to new file. Have already new clone file but need directions to go from there. Thank you

Btw have already a back up copy just in case!.
    You shouldn't need a cloned file. Just mark the people in the old file that you want in the new file, then use the menus: File -> Export -> Reunion Family File
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

[QUOTE=Dennis J. Cunniff;41629]You shouldn't need a cloned file. Just mark the people in the old file that you want in the new file, then use the menus: File -> Export -> Reunion Family File

Comment

I don't think that is exactly what I wanted as I exported it choosing what I thought I needed and it went somewhere (in text form?) and don't know where. I wanted a duplicate of the marked persons including everything in their card and don't understand all the choices to mark for export.
        My instructions will result in a duplicate of the marked persons including everything in their cards.
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
          You shouldn't need a cloned file. Just mark the people in the old file that you want in the new file, then use the menus: File -> Export -> Reunion Family File…

In the window that opens, pick "Marked people (#)", and your choices for which sources and multimedia you want included, and click "Export…"

You should now have the old file (unchanged) and the new file.

I suppose there may be some settings that aren't carried to the new file, but it seems to me that most are. If there aren't, you can import the new family file into your cloned file, but I don't think it's needed.
          In Reunion 8 - Menu: File reads Import/Export >Import/Export reads Export GEDOM or Export TEXT. No mention Reunion Famile File... so that leads me back to square one. How to take 33 members from one family and start new family card.
          Last edited by Frank; 18 July 2014, 05:57 PM.

Comment

In Reunion 8 - Menu: File reads Import/Export >Import/Export reads Export GEDOM or Export TEXT. No mention Reunion Famile File... so that leads me back to square one. How to take 33 members from one family and start new family card.
            Oh, sorry, I see the problem now
            Dennis J. Cunniff
            Click here to email me

Comment

[QUOTE=Dennis J. Cunniff;41643]Oh, sorry, I see the problem now

Comment

I should of included I was on Reunion 8 but since I was on the old reunion talk file just went blindly ahead. The problem was solved with $49.95 and works just fine and so easy. Thanks
                I should have kept track of what forum I was reading

Enjoy Reunion 10
                Dennis J. Cunniff
                Click here to email me

Comment

......The problem was solved with $49.95 .......
                  My Macs don't accept cash, checks or money orders!

$49.95 for what solution??
                  Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                  Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
                  iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
                    My Macs don't accept cash, checks or money orders!

$49.95 for what solution??
                    Really? My does all the time.:-)) That's the amount to Reunion 10

Comment

Working...
                    X