This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting duplicate field on person card

I'm using Version 9 and have somehow managed to duplicate a field (Immigration) on the person card. I've gone to Reunion -> Preferences -> Fields and deleted this event, and I've gone to View -> View Preferences and "Immigration" is no longer showing there, and I've been to Edit -> Person -> Events and "Immigration" is no longer showing there, and I've googled around, but I still have two "Immigration" fields on the cards.

The only thing I've managed to delete is the information that I had entered into this field.

How do I delete one of the Immigration fields from the card?

Thanks very much for assistance.

Regards,
    Nancy Edwards

Re: Deleting duplicate field on person card

Originally posted by Nancy Edwards View Post
    I'm using Version 9 and have somehow managed to duplicate a field (Immigration) on the person card. I've gone to Reunion -> Preferences -> Fields and deleted this event, and I've gone to View -> View Preferences and "Immigration" is no longer showing there, and I've been to Edit -> Person -> Events and "Immigration" is no longer showing there, and I've googled around, but I still have two "Immigration" fields on the cards.

The only thing I've managed to delete is the information that I had entered into this field.

How do I delete one of the Immigration fields from the card?
    Without seeing your family file, I can only guess at the problem.

Based on past experiences, I'm guessing the Immigration field is still in View -> View Preferences. However, it is not shown because the window is too small.

To test this theory, open the View -> View Preferences window. Then move your cursor to the lower-right corner of the View Preferences window and click-and-drag down. If you now see Immigration in View Preferences, select it and click "Remove Field."

I hope this is helpful in locating/removing the Immigration field from the View
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Deleting duplicate field on person card

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      Without seeing your family file, I can only guess at the problem.

Based on past experiences, I'm guessing the Immigration field is still in View -> View Preferences. However, it is not shown because the window is too small.

To test this theory, open the View -> View Preferences window. Then move your cursor to the lower-right corner of the View Preferences window and click-and-drag down. If you now see Immigration in View Preferences, select it and click "Remove Field."

I hope this is helpful in locating/removing the Immigration field from the View
      Bingo, Deb! You were right.

After expanding the window as you directed I saw the Immigration fields and removed them, and now they are gone from the person cards. What a simple "fix" and yet I couldn't solve it, and it was driving me "nutso".

Thank you very much for you help.

- Nancy

Comment

Working...
      X