X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Version 8

Help With Version 8

Help! Looking to locate, borrow, and return CD of Reunion for Mac v 8. I suffered a disaster Christmas Eve when my Mac crashed losing access to over 26000 files and 20 years of research with a corrupted backup disk as well. If I can install the CD on my new Mac, the Geek Squad can transfer the data from the old Mac and I can upgrade that data to Version 10 which I have already purchased. Any offer of help would be terrific. I would happily bear postage costs.
    Richard Segee
    Binbrook, ON Canada

Re: Help With Version 8

Reunion 10 can open Reunion 8 files. Best of luck with your file recovery!
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Reunion 10 can open Reunion 8 files. Best of luck with your file recovery!
      When my Mac died, I purchased a new one and had all the data transferred to the new one. Certain data would not transfer because there was no appropriate software on the new Mac. All Reunion files were in this category. I could not obtain a copy of v8 from Leister, but, did purchase and download v 10. I thought I needed v8 on my new Mac in order to now transfer those files and then go through the upgrading steps of those files to v10. Are you saying that since I have v10 installed I can directly transfer those v8 files to v10 software?

Thanks for your reply,
      Richard Segee

Comment

I took a Reunion 8 family file and asked Reunion 10 to open it. Reunion 10 happily created a Reunion 10 family file from it, just as if it would have done if I was upgrading from a Reunion 9 family file.

Likewise, I opened Reunion 8 chart files with Reunion 10 and experienced no difficulties.

I think there might be some incompatibility between even earlier versions of Reunion and more current ones, but 8 to 10 seems just fine.
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
        X