Duplicate confirmation message gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate confirmation message gone

There is a confirmation message that pops up when a new person is added to a family, which notifies you if there is a possible match already in your tree, and shows you the possible matches. I loved this feature, but it somehow accidentally became turned off, and I'm not getting the warning/confirmation any more.
    Could someone please tell me how to turn this feature back on?
    Thanks!
    Karen
    K.
    MacBook 10.13.3, 8GB, 2.7 GHz Intel Core 2 i5
    Reunion 12.0

Re: Duplicate confirmation message gone

Originally posted by Karen Zetaruk View Post
    There is a confirmation message that pops up when a new person is added to a family, which notifies you if there is a possible match already in your tree, and shows you the possible matches. I loved this feature, but it somehow accidentally became turned off, and I'm not getting the warning/confirmation any more.
    Could someone please tell me how to turn this feature back on?
    Thanks!
    Karen
    Preferences -> General
    under "Data Entry"
    check "Check for duplicates when adding new people".
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      Preferences -> General
      under "Data Entry"
      check "Check for duplicates when adding new people".
      Hmmmm .... thanks, Dennis. I just checked there and that box IS checked. I wonder why I'm not getting notifications any more, when I know I should be. Hmmmmmm ......
      K.
      Reunion 12.0

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Zetaruk View Post
        Hmmmm .... thanks, Dennis. I just checked there and that box IS checked. I wonder why I'm not getting notifications any more, when I know I should be. Hmmmmmm ......
        Try checking the Duplicate Check Settings. This settings window can be accessed within the Reunion > Preferences > General/Data Entry section. (I.e., click on the gear in the lower-right corner.)

If the settings are too sensitive, your new entries may not be caught as duplicates.

Additional information about adjusting the sensitivity for the Duplicate Check feature can be found in your manual by searching for "duplicate check settings." To access the manual, open your family file and choose Help -> Contents or click the "?" in the lower left corner of just about any Reunion window.

I hope this information is helpful for you in determining why your new entries are not being caught as possible duplicates.
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Great! Thanks, Deb.
          K.
          K.
          Reunion 12.0

Comment

Working...
          X