ReunionTalk  
Go Back   ReunionTalk > Using Software & Hardware with Reunion

Old 02 March 2018, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Web Project

I thought I add a screen shot, but don't see it. I'll try again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 1.41.03 PM.jpg (40.3 KB, 91 views)
Old 02 March 2018, 04:11 PM
Technical Support

That's strange - if you try creating the web project again, do you get the same results?
Old 02 March 2018, 08:20 PM

I recreated the Web Project and it worked this time. I put it in Dropbox. Then I moved the folder to my Desktop. When I clicked the Index.htm it opened in a browser window. I didn't have to drop it onto the application icon. I will give it a couple more trials and hope it is good now. Thanks for the help along the way.
Old 02 March 2018, 08:39 PM

Well, I guess we are not done. I sent it off to my husband and he cannot open it. Dropbox will not allow him to transfer the folder to his computer. He tried putting the folder on his desktop and onto the Safari icon. He tried to put the index.html file on the Safari icon. No go. Dropbox just sends him a page with a padlock photo on it.
Old 06 March 2018, 11:14 AM
Technical Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardicar View Post
Dropbox will not allow him to transfer the folder to his computer. He tried putting the folder on his desktop and onto the Safari icon. He tried to put the index.html file on the Safari icon. No go.
Does he have his own Dropbox account and does he have Dropbox installed on his computer?

As noted in the instructions I linked to previously he will need to have a Dropbox account and will need Dropbox installed on his computer. Then, when he follows the link to the shared folder, he should see an option to download the shared folder to his Dropbox account.

The folder should then appear in the Dropbox folder on his Mac once Dropbox finishes syncing it. He can then open the web project from within Finder, not via the Dropbox website (which is what it sounds like he's currently trying to do).

HTH
Old 08 March 2018, 05:25 PM

Thank you for re-clarifying. My husband was able to "Download" from my Dropbox to his computer. Previously he was trying to move the folder physically to his desktop. Now it works. THanks for sticking with me through this. He has relatives who are really interested in their ancestry.

ReunionTalk > Using Software & Hardware with Reunion > Web Project