This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing source files in Web report

I created a new family file using save a backup copy. It all looked good and it runs significantly faster than the old (my database is large).

However when creating a Web report Reunion did not create the source files (it created the hyperlinks to them but no files). I went back to the previous family file (all of the setting seem the same). It still creates the source file as expected.

Any suggestions? Are there settings I need to set that are not copied when you save a backup copy?

Re: missing source files in Web report

Originally posted by graememoad View Post
    I created a new family file using save a backup copy. It all looked good and it runs significantly faster than the old (my database is large).

However when creating a Web report Reunion did not create the source files (it created the hyperlinks to them but no files). I went back to the previous family file (all of the setting seem the same). It still creates the source file as expected.

Any suggestions?
    Hmm. Try this...

1. Open the backup copy and choose Reunion -> Preferences. Then, select Web. Next, click the Reports tab and Sources (in the list on the left).

Verify that the "Include multimedia files" box is checked.

2. Also, verify that the Reunion -> Preferences -> Multimedia Files window is the same in the copy as it is in the original file.

Afterward, as long as you are in that Multimedia Files Preferences window, try repairing media locations (by clicking "Repair Media Locations..." and "Proceed") to ensure that Reunion is able to find all linked multimedia files. Reunion will let you know if any were repaired and if there are some that could not be found.

I hope something mentioned here is helpful in solving the problem:-)
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      Hmm. Try this...

1. Open the backup copy and choose Reunion -> Preferences. Then, select Web. Next, click the Reports tab and Sources (in the list on the left).

Verify that the "Include multimedia files" box is checked.

2. Also, verify that the Reunion -> Preferences -> Multimedia Files window is the same in the copy as it is in the original file.

Afterward, as long as you are in that Multimedia Files Preferences window, try repairing media locations (by clicking "Repair Media Locations..." and "Proceed") to ensure that Reunion is able to find all linked multimedia files. Reunion will let you know if any were repaired and if there are some that could not be found.

I hope something mentioned here is helpful in solving the problem:-)
      I tried the above but with no success

But note that my problem is with Reunion not creating the source files folder (WC_SRC) or the files that should be in that folder. I have no problem with multimedia files.

I have returned to my original file, which still works fine.

Comment

I tried the above but with no success

But note that my problem is with Reunion not creating the source files folder (WC_SRC) or the files that should be in that folder. I have no problem with multimedia files.

I have returned to my original file, which still works fine.
        Hi Graeme,

I am still a bit confused about what you are not seeing in the web project created from the backup copy.

Therefore, I would like you to mark a small group of people (25 or less) in your good family file and create a web project for that marked group. Then, mark the same group of people in your backup copy and create the same web project. Finally, send both web project folders (probably found in your Home/Documents/Reunion Files/Reports folder) to me at...

sales@leisterpro.com

Be sure to include information about what is missing in the project created from the backup.

Note: you may need to zip (or compress) the folders before sending them via email.

Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

OK. I have sent the files as requested.

Comment

OK. I have sent the files as requested.
            Thanks. Your files have been received and I will follow up by email.
            Deb Stuller
            Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
            X