Version 12 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 12 upgrade

So I was finally going to upgrade my version of Reunion as a Christmas present to myself when I noticed v12 is now out. I'm running v10. In going to do the purchase, I noticed a note that said the upgrade for 12 needed 10.7 or better. So I checked my version and I'm only running 10.0.6 So I went to the support page to get the most current version of v10 and 10.0.6 is what is listed. So what is the real story hear?

Re: Version 12 upgrade

Originally posted by jmayes View Post
    I noticed a note that said the upgrade for 12 needed 10.7 or better.
    Reunion 12 requires MacOS 10.7 or newer.

You were looking at your Reunion 10 version (which does not matter as far as upgrading is concerned).
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Reunion 12 requires MacOS 10.7 or newer.
      Hello,

A question related to my (now old) Macs. They run both with OS 10.6.8.
      Could I use a partition to download a recent OS and use Reunion 12 on this partition and what would be the consequences for the Mac OS 10.6 partitions and the files they hold ?

I know it is not really a Reunion question but right now I can't think of another way to upgrade.
      Next step should be a new Mac.

Thanks for your help.
      Maurice Mézière
      Reunion 12
      MacBook Air 1,6GHz 10.14.6
      iMac 24" 3GHz 10.11.6
      ReunionTouch on iPad

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Mézière View Post
        Hello,

A question related to my (now old) Macs. They run both with OS 10.6.8.
        Could I use a partition to download a recent OS and use Reunion 12 on this partition and what would be the consequences for the Mac OS 10.6 partitions and the files they hold ?

I know it is not really a Reunion question but right now I can't think of another way to upgrade.
        Next step should be a new Mac.

Thanks for your help.
        I have several partitions on my older MacBook Pro (installed a larger internal drive a couple years ago, from Other World Computing) – each has a different OS. If you can upgrade your old computer to the latest version that will run on it, assuming you have room for a new partition, and assuming you can find a source for that version (try Apple Support), then your ideas should work! Be sure to update COPIES of your old Reunion files. Good luck.

Susan

Comment

Originally posted by sdengle View Post
          I have several partitions on my older MacBook Pro (installed a larger internal drive a couple years ago, from Other World Computing) – each has a different OS. If you can upgrade your old computer to the latest version that will run on it, assuming you have room for a new partition, and assuming you can find a source for that version (try Apple Support), then your ideas should work! Be sure to update COPIES of your old Reunion files. Good luck.

Susan
          You should be able to get the latest version of OSX that will run on your Mac from the App Store. If not, go to the Apple web site and look for the installer there. You are already on 10.6.8 so if you can upgrade it should be easy to do so.

Once you have set it up you will be able to access all your files from whichever volume you have booted up.

When you open your existing Reunion files with Reunion 12 it will create new Reunion 12 files and leave the earlier versions unchanged. Probably best to put the new ones on the same volume as the app.

John.

Comment

Originally posted by sdengle View Post
            If you can upgrade your old computer to the latest version that will run on it, assuming you have room for a new partition, and assuming you can find a source for that version (try Apple Support), then your ideas should work! Be sure to update COPIES of your old Reunion files.

Susan
            Originally posted by John Hill View Post
            You should be able to get the latest version of OSX that will run on your Mac...
            Once you have set it up you will be able to access all your files from whichever volume you have booted up.

John.

Hello Susan and John,
            Thank you both. I'll have a try. The last sentence is the most encouraging one.
            I was frightened at the idea of loosing access to my others files.
            I supposed it was the same with my first computer running both OS-9 and OS-10.1 but I don't remember.
            Thanks again.
            Maurice Mézière
            Reunion 12
            MacBook Air 1,6GHz 10.14.6
            iMac 24" 3GHz 10.11.6
            ReunionTouch on iPad

Comment

Working...
            X