Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropbox Files

This seems rather odd but...

On my Mac i see 2 Reunion family files in Dropbox, Reunion 11 and Reunion 12. But opening the Dropbox app on my iPad I only see the Reunion 11 file. My Mac says the Reunion 12 file was added to Dropbox approximately 5 hours ago.

Is there a refresh for Dropbox or is it realllllyyyyy slow in loading my 104mb file?
    ``````````````````````````````
    Grant

Re: Dropbox Files

I just ran some tests and one 105 MB file required 5 seconds to upload/sync with Dropbox.

Another one required about a minute.

It could take much longer; for example, if you're working with a family file that has thousands of pictures. In that case, all those pictures/thumbnails are uploaded one-by-one -- even though it looks like there is just "one" family file.

Of course, all this depends on the WiFi throughput speed and stability.

But there is no particular problem with Dropbox causing this.

Finally, make sure your device is using the same Dropbox account as your Mac. We sometimes see cases where a user accidentally has one family file on one Dropbox account, and another family file on a different Dropbox account.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Dropbox Files

Thanks Frank.

It seems that the Dropbox syncing function on my iMac was turned off. I suspect this occurred during my recent upgrade of the iMac operating system.

Note: If you do not see the Dropbox icon in the upper right margin of your iMac screen it means that the syncing function is not turned on. If it is not visible go into your applications list and turn on Dropbox, that seemed to restart the sync function.
      ``````````````````````````````
      Grant

Comment

Working...
      X