The Master Genealogist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Master Genealogist

I am interested in talking with someone who is knowledgeable about how to use the Master Genealogist Program. I am engaged in a research project which uses this program and would love to have a "hands on" tutorial in how to use it. Thank you.
    clkohles@aol.com

Re: The Master Genealogist

You will likely get better results asking on the TMG forums, found here.

It is worth noting that TMG was discontinued in 2014, per this post on their forums.
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

If you are using Reunion for your work now, you're in for a significant learning curve to use TMG.

I used TMG (on and off) for close to 10 years before moving to a Mac in 2006. I was not close to a power user. TMG runs under Windows only. When they ceased development, I found Reunion -- a wonderful moment!

FWIW, my file information from TMG converted nicely into Reunion. That may be worth your consideration as an approach to your project's needs.

I'm quite sure I put my expensive TMG-produced, instructional DVDs into our Library's book sale. On the chance I didn't, I'll take a look around and post here shortly if I find them. There's hours of content -- indicative of the complexity of TMG's model for a person.

Terry

Comment

Thank you for getting back to me. I am in somewhat desperate circumstances. I belong to a group of researchers who are using TMG. i have a dual platform on my MacBook Pro and the latest and last update of TMG v9.4. I am looking for a tutorial, sort of a hands on "lab" like I used to have in high school biology class where I can just sit with someone who can help me with the basics of how to enter and change data. I have books, but the one-to-one would be very desirable.

Cynthia Kohles
        clkohles@aol.com

Comment

Originally posted by CKohles View Post
          Thank you for getting back to me. I am in somewhat desperate circumstances. I belong to a group of researchers who are using TMG. i have a dual platform on my MacBook Pro and the latest and last update of TMG v9.4. I am looking for a tutorial, sort of a hands on "lab" like I used to have in high school biology class where I can just sit with someone who can help me with the basics of how to enter and change data. I have books, but the one-to-one would be very desirable.

Cynthia Kohles
          clkohles@aol.com
          My recollection is TMG had a very robust users forum with some very helpful posters. Worth a look.

I haven't had a chance to hunt for my DVDs yet and am not at all sure I still have them. I'll look today. I'm afraid they would have been an easy decision to toss out and so probably were.

Re: dual platform -- my counterpart of your "dual platform" runs Windows 7 in a Bootcamp partition. On Monday, my "user id file corrupted" after an 18 month hiatus since last time. Total lockout to my Windows stuff. I had current data files but the applications state was three weeks old. All is now restored and functional. The tool I use is Winclone, and it's worked flawlessly in two out of two crises.

Terry

Comment

I sent you an email several days ago with some good news. I used the email link in your signature. Perhaps your isp trapped it in a spam filter? Take a look and let me know if you're still interested.

Terry

Comment

Working...
            X