Adding YouTube videos to multimedia section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding YouTube videos to multimedia section

Hi folks, I have many hours of family movies that I share with relatives via YouTube and Vimeo. I'd like to find a way to also make them available in Reunion as seamlessly as local videos are added. Is there a way to do this that others have used? It seems like it would be unwieldy to upload 200 GBs of films to my dropbox folder for Reunion to access.

Thanks!

Re: Adding YouTube videos to multimedia section

I assume you are referring to a webpage created using Reunion. I created a new event called "Video Timeline" and copy/pasted the Vimeo/Youtube URL into the place field and used the memo field to describe the video.

Comment

Daryle, thanks for suggesting the idea of youtube links in the events field. I just tried adding a random youtube link to one of my unused event fields. To see it in Reunion it seems like I have to be in edit mode and I also needed to right click and then click on "open" but that's not a big deal.

Then I tried printing a person sheet for myself which opens in Word. There was the link, but only in regular text. I clicked on it and Word gave me an option to change it to a hyperlink which I did. It turned blue and was underlined. Clicked it again and was taken to Youtube and the video began playing!

Now the wheels are turning. So many possibilities! Thanks for great suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryle Watson View Post
        I assume you are referring to a webpage created using Reunion. I created a new event called "Video Timeline" and copy/pasted the Vimeo/Youtube URL into the place field and used the memo field to describe the video.
        Thanks Daryle. That's a good way to handle adding links. I'm wondering if there is any way to add an active hyperlink to these fields so you can jump right to it within reunion.

Ideally, I'd love to be able to place a YouTube or Vimeo video into the multimedia area just like if I dropped a video from my hard drive there.

Comment

Originally posted by jaykamins View Post
          Thanks Daryle. That's a good way to handle adding links. I'm wondering if there is any way to add an active hyperlink to these fields so you can jump right to it within reunion.

Ideally, I'd love to be able to place a YouTube or Vimeo video into the multimedia area just like if I dropped a video from my hard drive there.
          From within Reunion, just add the full URL
          (e.g., http://mathieu.gitzhofer.free.fr/divisiongb.htm) into a place or memo field. Then select the field and right click and the very first option is "open URL". It will open the page in the default browser.

Comment

Originally posted by jaykamins View Post
            ...I'm wondering if there is any way to add an active hyperlink to these fields so you can jump right to it within reunion...
            There is a way to add an active hyperlink in a "notes" field.

After adding the URL in the notes field, highlight the entire URL.

Then, right-click (or Control-click) on it and select "Make Link" from the menu that appears. You'll notice the URL becomes underlined (active link).

I hope you find this information helpful
            Deb Stuller
            Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
              There is a way to add an active hyperlink in a "notes" field.

After adding the URL in the notes field, highlight the entire URL.

Then, right-click (or Control-click) on it and select "Make Link" from the menu that appears. You'll notice the URL becomes underlined (active link).

I hope you find this information helpful
              Thanks Deb, and that enables the URL to be an active link (hyperlink).

Is it possible to "embed" a hyperlink in the note text, instead of as a separate, visible URL? That is, to show the note text as an active link, just as with Word, etc.?

Thanks,
              Dave
              Dave Wells
              MacBook Air, MacOS 12.5.1, Reunion 13.0
              iOS 15.6, ReunionTouch 1.0.18 - iPhone 12

Comment

Working...
              X