Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion 12 Field import error

Hi Everyone

Has anyone else come across this problem? I have upgraded from Reunion 11 to Reunion 12.

I have noticed that the entries in my "Baptism" field have gone and that a new field labelled "?" now contains all the data that was previously in the Baptism field. I've made a workaround: I can't delete the Baptism field, as it is a default field and there is no option to delete it (the delete button is greyed out) so have changed the ? field to Baptism1, with the Long Abbreviation reading Baptism, then have deleted the default baptism from my family view, replacing it with my new Baptism field.

All of this is not a good solution, long-term, so I am wondering if there is anyone else with the problem, and if there will be a Reunion12 update to repair the problem?

Cheers
    Jan
    Jan Powell
    in Wellington, New Zealand
    http://www.rellyseeker.nz/
    --
    Apple/Mac since 1987, Reunion since 1993

Re: Reunion 12 Field import error

Originally posted by Jan Powell View Post
    I have upgraded from Reunion 11 to Reunion 12.

I have noticed that the entries in my "Baptism" field have gone and that a new field labelled "?" now contains all the data that was previously in the Baptism field.
    I don't know what's happened, but I can tell you that when I upgraded my baptism fields transferred fine.

Maybe check the field definition in Reunion 11?
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

I have noticed that the entries in my "Baptism" field have gone and that a new field labelled "?" now contains all the data that was previously in the Baptism field.
      It would appear that the default Misc. Event field in your family file was renamed to Baptism at some point in the past. There was an issue where the Misc. Event field would end up named "?" after upgrading to Reunion 12 (the current update works around that issue).

You should be able to use the Move Fields feature (Reunion -> Preferences... , Fields, Move) to move all of the data from the Baptism1 field to the default Baptism field.

HTH
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks for your quick response, Mark.

I have tried to follow your instructions, to no avail. So, I renamed the field back to ?, but no. So I renamed it as Misc. I am attaching a screen shot of what happens when I try to move the contents. In each of the three attempts, I can choose the field to move from, but there is no Baptism option for Step 2.
        Attached Files
        Jan Powell
        --

Comment

...but there is no Baptism option for Step 2.
          Try adding Baptism to one person in your family file, this will make the Baptism field 'active' and it will appear in the To popup menu noted in step 2.

If you still have trouble, please send your Reunion 11 family file to help@leisterpro.com and we will upgrade it here.
          Gregg Witmer
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Try adding Baptism to one person in your family file, this will make the Baptism field 'active' and it will appear in the To popup menu noted in step 2.
            Hello Gregg

I tried to do that, but adding Baptism was not an option. It wouldn't add! Anyway, I have saved the wonky family file under a different name, opened the old Reunion11 family file and upgraded it to Reunion12 and, hey presto, Baptism is back in the view field. So I'll use it from now on.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Cheers
            Jan
            Jan Powell
            --

Comment

Working...
            X