Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sex of the Dead Born

For first name of dearborn child which is not given a name, I entered NN
    NN is Nomen nescio (NN of N.N.) is a Latin expression that means I do not know or Name not known.

When I recently made a GEDCOM file from Reunion and entered it in Ancestral Quest -- because that program allow to connect with FamilySearch and the Family Tree maintained by FamilySearch, I received lost of errors because the sex of stillborn babies was not specified.

How can I avoid this...what is the standard for stillborn babies?

If you using Ancestral Quest (in addition to Reunion) let me know how you avoid errors in moving data from Reunion to Ancestral Quest.
    Last edited by guidod; 13 December 2016, 02:55 PM.

Re: Sex of the Dead Born

Originally posted by guidod View Post
    For first name of dearborn child which is not given a name, I entered NN
    NN is Nomen nescio (NN of N.N.) is a Latin expression that means I do not know or Name not known.

When I recently made a GEDCOM file from Reunion and entered it in Ancestral Quest -- because that program allow to connect with FamilySearch and the Family Tree maintained by FamilySearch, I received lost of errors because the sex of stillborn babies was not specified.

How can I avoid this...what is the standard for stillborn babies?

If you using Ancestral Quest (in addition to Reunion) let me know how you avoid errors in moving data from Reunion to Ancestral Quest.
    On the page where you enter a name - there is a box to the right with a choice of Sex: Unknown, Male, Female. I think you want to use "Unknown" for stillborn children. I also use this when I don't happen to know the sex for names like "Alyson" which can be male or female.

Comment

Working...
    X