Deleting a Book in Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting a Book in Reports

I am new to Reunion and have a lot to learn. Would someone please explain what the 69 icons represent in the Reports folder when first opening Reunion e.g. Report 069, TS Register.rtf.
    I have been trying out reports and notice that the icons for my test books are highlighted and can be opened e.g. Report 001, MMM Ancestor.reunionbook. How do I delete these test books?
    I have been unable to find this information and would be grateful for help.

Re: Deleting a Book in Reports

Anything in Reports folder, that you do not wish to keep, can be dragged to the trash can and flushed.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Thank you. I have deleted my test reports. However, should I keep the 69 rtf files shown as hidden (faded icons) in the Reports folder? Maybe this is a technical question.

Update
      I have discovered the faded icons in the Reports Folder when opening Reunion cannot be opened, but the same file name in Documents > Reunion Files > Reports can be opened. All of these 69 files are test reports I have made and so I can check what they are before sending them to the Trash.
      Last edited by Bron F; 30 January 2018, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bron F View Post
        Thank you. I have deleted my test reports. However, should I keep the 69 rtf files shown as hidden (faded icons) in the Reports folder? Maybe this is a technical question.
        That's a strange one. My Reports folder is totally empty. (I create them to the desktop)
        I have no idea why any report should be greyed out.
        Are you using a 'guest' account on another's Mac?

Perhaps this is one for the Reunion folks to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
          That's a strange one. My Reports folder is totally empty. (I create them to the desktop)
          I have no idea why any report should be greyed out.
          Are you using a 'guest' account on another's Mac?

Perhaps this is one for the Reunion folks to answer.
          No, I am using a MacBook Air and only have Reunion on this computer.

Comment

Perhaps you haven't designated a word processor for your reports?

Comment

Originally posted by Bron F View Post
              Update
              I have discovered the faded icons in the Reports Folder when opening Reunion cannot be opened, but the same file name in Documents > Reunion Files > Reports can be opened.
              Just to clarify why you are seeing what you are...

When Reunion is open showing the list of files, the "Open" window is looking for "Family files, chart files or GEDCOM files."

Report files are RTF files which need to be opened by your word processor. (I.e., TextEdit, Pages, etc.) Therefore, they are grayed out in Reunion's "Open" window.

However, when your Finder is open and you go to your Documents/Reunion Files/Reports folder, your reports can be deleted, selected and/or opened in your word processor.
              Deb Stuller
              Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
                Perhaps you haven't designated a word processor for your reports?
                I have Microsoft Word designated as my word processor for reports.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                  Just to clarify why you are seeing what you are...

When Reunion is open showing the list of files, the "Open" window is looking for "Family files, chart files or GEDCOM files."

Report files are RTF files which need to be opened by your word processor. (I.e., TextEdit, Pages, etc.) Therefore, they are grayed out in Reunion's "Open" window.

However, when your Finder is open and you go to your Documents/Reunion Files/Reports folder, your reports can be deleted, selected and/or opened in your word processor.
                  Thank you Deb. It all makes sense now.

Comment

Working...
                  X