Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts created in 12, readable in 11

Hi,
    Are boxcharts created in Reunion 12 readable in Reunion 11 ?

Many thanks
    London, England

Re: Charts created in 12, readable in 11

The short answer is no.

The long answer is that for descendant, ancestor, and relative charts, if you manually change the .boxchart12 filename extension to .boxchart11 in the Finder, there’s a good but not guaranteed chance that Reunion 11 will be able to open and display it in a substantially correct manner. YMMV.

This filename extension renaming trick will definitely not work with a fan chart because of the extensive upgrades to the fan chart in Reunion 12. I haven't tried it with Timeline charts, but it probably has a good chance of working.
    Last edited by ttl; 15 March 2018, 09:08 AM.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
      The short answer is no.

The long answer is that for descendant, ancestor, and relative charts, if you manually change the .boxchart12 filename extension to .boxchart11 in the Finder, there’s a good but not guaranteed chance that Reunion 11 will be able to open and display it in a substantially correct manner. YMMV.

This filename extension renaming trick will definitely not work with a fan chart because of the extensive upgrades to the fan chart in Reunion 12. I haven't tried it with Timeline charts, but it probably has a good chance of working.
      Brilliant Tim, thank you ,that worked perfectly. I will upgrade to Reunion 12 as soon as possible.

cheers

Andy
      London, England

Comment

Pleased you found it useful!
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
        X