Correct path to Reunion Pictures folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct path to Reunion Pictures folder

Due to various crashes, imperfect restores from TM and general ineptitude I now have no less than 18 Reunion Pictures folders for Reunion 9! I know that with iOS 11 I'll have to upgrade that end, so I guess that I'll also have to upgrade my Mac version, but before I do so I'd like to put my house in order.

From when I had a MacBook I know that I was moving images to Dropbox so they could be shared, but I no longer need it as I have an iPad Pro.

I'd now like to consolidate all my Reunion images in one folder and then sort out the duplicates and in time all the broken l'll inevitably have, but I can't find a reference to the path in the manual.

My thanks in advance to anyone who can show me the true path!

Colin

Re: Correct path to Reunion Pictures folder

Two things for you to think about. First, when you upgrade, you will be using Dropbox to sync Reunion between your Mac and iPad. Second, in the current version 11, your photos can be anywhere in the same volume on the same device. I would recommend that you visit the Leister site and read up on the features in versions 10 and 11.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      Two things for you to think about. First, when you upgrade, you will be using Dropbox to sync Reunion between your Mac and iPad. Second, in the current version 11, your photos can be anywhere in the same volume on the same device. I would recommend that you visit the Leister site and read up on the features in versions 10 and 11.
      Thanks Bob.

When the time comes to upgrade I shall no doubt look at all the gotchas. Meanwhile, what I need to know is the default path in 9 for images so that I can get my house in order before I strain the upgrade path!

According to http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/versio...wtoupgrade.php I can go from 9 to 11 in one step, and then presumably get Reunion Touch and delete Reunion 2 from my iPad.

Cheers, Colin

Comment

Colin, I don't think there's any such thing nowadays as a correct path, because the system will cope anyway. To judge from the Sample Family, Reunion uses Pictures>Reunion Pictures; but that's not compulsory. I use Genealogy>Documents and Genealogy>People, etc, which works fine. It's up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Talibard View Post
          Colin, I don't think there's any such thing nowadays as a correct path, because the system will cope anyway. To judge from the Sample Family, Reunion uses Pictures>Reunion Pictures; but that's not compulsory. I use Genealogy>Documents and Genealogy>People, etc, which works fine. It's up to you.
          Thanks Michael. I'll probably go with the former.

As I seem to have so many folders I just want to have all my images in one 'appropriate' folder, and hopefully it will be the one my Reunion is currently using so I only loose some and not all of the links!

Colin

Comment

Working...
          X