ReunionTalk  
Go Back   ReunionTalk > Using Older Versions of Reunion

Closed Thread

Old 17 January 2009, 08:54 PM

Default Found lists and changing event categories

On some, but not all of my found lists, the column heading are missing and I don't seem to be able to add any.

I made a blank family card to experiment with various rows of information I could input. I didn't like what I did but when I closed the card and deleted the changes, the changes showed in my family cards. I couldn't change them even though I had deleted them, I thought, on the original made to experiment with. I don't know if I'm making this latter event clear.
Somehow BapL (and odther items) were place in 1st col. on Family Card. Clicking on this brings up "Edit Person". On that trying to delete the BapL or any other entry doesn't work. My family cards are a mess.

Last edited by Larry Jelf; 18 January 2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: adding to
Old 19 January 2009, 04:53 PM
Deb
Technical Support

Default Re: Found lists and changing event categories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Jelf
On some, but not all of my found lists, the column heading are missing and I don't seem to be able to add any.
Are the desired fields checked as being "Active" in the Define Person Fields window? Based on your note, I'm guessing that they are not already checked as being "Active."

In Reunion 8, you can check this by choosing Options -> Define -> Person Fields and selecting the desired field in the appropriate section of that window. If the field is "Active" you will see a check in the "Active" box.

For example, if I want to view the Occupation field, but it is not showing in a found list and cannot be selected, I would close the list window and choose Options -> Define -> Person Fields. Then, I would click on the Facts tab in the Define Person Fields window because Occupation is a Fact field. Next, I would scroll down through the list of fields and click on Occupation. Most likely, the box to the left of "Active" is not checked. I would simply check that box to make it active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Jelf
Somehow BapL (and other items) were place in 1st col. on Family Card. Clicking on this brings up "Edit Person". On that trying to delete the BapL or any other entry doesn't work. My family cards are a mess.
It sounds like the "view" displayed on your family card was inadvertently changed. If so, you can change it back to the "Default" view pressing "Command Key + 1" on your keyboard. (Incidentally, another way to change the view would be to choose Options -> Define -> Views and select "Default" in the list of Views.

I hope this information is helpful:-)
Old 25 January 2009, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Found lists and changing event categories

Thank you Deb. That worked. I'm still learning new things.

ReunionTalk > Using Older Versions of Reunion > Found lists and changing event categories