finding the connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finding the connection

I have, what I thought, was a branch line of one of my mom's major family lines but now cannot find how the family fits in. I have tried doing a relationship check with each of these people and my mom, but nothing comes up. I have looked at ancestors of these people and again nothing. BUT, when I look at Islands, they are part of the family. How do I find the common link?
    I do own the original source (a family history book) and can go find it that way too.

thanks,
    Christina
    (Yes, I will upgrade soon, but not right now)
    Christina
    Searching for Moog, Nippert, Wilson, Wolf, Mule, and a whole bunch of other names

Re: finding the connection

Originally posted by fmlyhntr View Post
    I have, what I thought, was a branch line of one of my mom's major family lines but now cannot find how the family fits in. I have tried doing a relationship check with each of these people and my mom, but nothing comes up. I have looked at ancestors of these people and again nothing. BUT, when I look at Islands, they are part of the family. How do I find the common link?
    I do own the original source (a family history book) and can go find it that way too.

thanks,
    Christina
    (Yes, I will upgrade soon, but not right now)
    Did you look at the Tree View in the left sidebar in hourglass mode when your mother is in the Family View? Since the hourglass mode is restricted to 5 generations of ancestors up, at the most, you may need to do this with each of the 5th generations.

Hope this helps if you haven't tried it already. Did this in Reunion 11.0.12.
    Regards,
    Kaye
    Kaye Mushalik
    -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
    -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
    -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Re: finding the connection

For the wish list I think. If geni can do it, and webtrees can, it should be possible for Reunion to include a “Find the connection” function.

Comment

Working...
      X