Geo Tagging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geo Tagging

I'm entering new data into Reunion 12. Went to geo tag Des Plaines, Cook County, IL, and got the following error:
    Attached Files

Re: Geo Tagging

Click any ? button in Reunion 12 and, in the "search the manual" box, type: query reached.

[Or, you could enter: geotag limit]

The manual has the answer.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

It says:

Limits Imposed by Google, Places
      Google imposes a limit of 2,500 geolocation requests per day. If you exceed this limit in a 24-hour period, you'll receive an error...

I've only entered 6 places

Comment

Then I'd say Google isn't doing its job :-)

My guess is that if you go back to the family view and back into Edit Person, it'll behave again. Possibly even just trying the same place again; or just waiting several seconds before trying again.

Unfortunately, there's not much we can do. Reunion asks Google to serve up the data and, apparently, Google gets confused and gives us the "limit" error message.
        Frank Leister
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

You're right. I closed out and tried again and it worked fine. Thanks!

Comment

I think the problem we are receiving with the geotag limit is the search function in places.

If I scroll down the list and get geotag, no problem. But if I do a search for a place and then get the geotag I receive the limit warning.
            Bob Goode
            Reunion 12.0; ReunionTouch 1.0.8; OS 10.14.2

Comment

Working...
            X