Web projects style sheets (CSS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web projects style sheets (CSS)

With Reunion 11, I spent considerable time modifying style sheets, and made my own css folder. When trying to use it with Reunion 12, it does not seem to work. Is there a place where I can find what has been changed?
    http://dardel.info/genealogie/wc_toc_E.html

Re: Web projects style sheets (CSS)

Originally posted by Dardel View Post
    With Reunion 11, I spent considerable time modifying style sheets, and made my own css folder. When trying to use it with Reunion 12, it does not seem to work. Is there a place where I can find what has been changed?
    Bonjour. Send me an email ( in french) at michele@mamieblue.ca. I will forward your message to a friend who helps me with my web project. He noted the same problem with Reunion 12 and is working on a solution.
    Michèle Bergeron
    www.mamieblue.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Dardel View Post
      Is there a place where I can find what has been changed?
      There is no list of changes.

As you may have found, we made rather significant changes to the web styles in Reunion 12 in order to implement "responsive design" in the web project. Modifying a Reunion 11 web style to work with Reunion 12 would require a pretty good understanding of CSS and HTML - and even then it would probably be more work than starting with a 12 style and modifying it.

I would recommend re-making your custom style in 12. Note that whichever style you used as a basis for your 11 file should be present in 12, so you can use that as a starting point.

HTH
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Yes, you have made such significant changes that I had to start everything from scratch... I believe I have the necessary "good understanding" of HTML and CSS. I spent already almost two days updating my CSS. I have also built an Excel sheet with the styles you are providing in 12 (!) different files. For some items, an individual item (e.g. #pbody) is scattered in 6 different files. I will make this Excel document available to all when I am completely through.

Comment

For those interested, I posted a new version of my family's genealogy, using the French translation provided by Bruno Callais, and a modified set of the style sheets; I had to spend three full days to understand and build the new CSS set, because I have several additional (non-standard) pages using the style sheets provided by Reunion.

There are still a few minor details I would like to change in the French output.

Comment

Working...
          X